Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lokale Dateien können vom Smartphone nicht abgespielt werden

Ich habe mir verschieden Playlists auf meinem PC erstellt und lokale Dateien hinzugefügt. Diese kann ich von meinem Huawei P30 nicht abspielen oder herunterladen. Mein PC ist per LAN mit meinem Router verbunden, das Handy per WLAN. Liegt hier das Pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Ich habe mir verschieden Playlists auf meinem PC erstellt und lokale Dateien hinzugefügt. Diese kann ich von meinem Huawei P30 nicht abspielen oder herunterladen. Mein PC ist per LAN mit meinem Route...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio function of the playlist gone

With the latest update on Android 9 I noticed that the possibility of having a radio starting from a playlist has disappeared, in general I have noticed that Spotify over the years is moving further away from this function which is one of the most in...

• Regular
  • With the latest update on Android 9 I noticed that the possibility of having a radio starting from a playlist has disappeared, in general I have noticed that Spotify over the years is moving further ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle button not working at all (Andoid)

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(GalaxyTab S7 Plus)Operating System(Android 11) My Question or IssueSo I have noticed that the shuffle button in the app now does nothing at all. When you click the button it does not even just play the first song in a playi...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (GalaxyTab S7 Plus) Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue So I have noticed that the shuffle button in the app now does nothing at all.&nb...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to view songs and albums on artist page

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI am unable to view any songs or albums when i visit an artist page. It was still fine yesterday, and im not sure if it was due to an update. the only feat...

• Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I am unable to view any songs or albums when i visit an artist page. It was sti...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xiaomi phones: Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now

I was not able to open Spotify on Android Auto with a Xiaomi phone.Every time I tried to start Spotify received the following annoying message:"Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now"If I opened Spotify on the phone and then selected it on Andr...

• I was not able to open Spotify on Android Auto with a Xiaomi phone. Every time I tried to start Spotify received the following annoying message: "Spotify doesn't seem to be working right now" If I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android auto
    Xiaomi
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast not playing on my Android Device

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIrelandDeviceSamsung Galaxy A6Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI know that this has been raised a number of times, and that it's apparently ongoing, but my podcasts won't play at all on my mobile device. I press play...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Ireland Device Samsung Galaxy A6 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I know that this has been raised a number of times, and that it's app...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Steering wheel controls not working anymore (MBUX)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceOnePlus 6 (A6003)Operating SystemAndroid 9 / OxygenOS 9.0.5 My Question or IssueMy phone is connected via bluetooth with my A-Class Mercedes (Model 2019). From November 18 to April 19 I had no problems and was able to c...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device OnePlus 6 (A6003) Operating System Android 9 / OxygenOS 9.0.5   My Question or Issue My phone is connected via bluetooth with my A-Class Mercedes (M...
  • Novy
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 5 likes

Login button not working

Every time I hit the login button after entering my information it will change to say 'logging in' but then promptly change back to saying login. I've tried this on two different devices with the same result and uninstalling/reinstalling hasn't helpe...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I hit the login button after entering my information it will change to say 'logging in' but then promptly change back to saying login. I've tried this on two different devices with the sam...
  • Liam4eg
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug : Android Lock Screen - Cast stops and Spotify plays at phone

Plan PremiumCountry Czech Rep DeviceHonor 10Operating SystemAndroid 10 I am using Cast function to play music at my receiver. All works fine until my android phone gets locked. Once I press Spotifys next button on lock screen, Casted music will stop ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Rep   Device Honor 10 Operating System Android 10   I am using Cast function to play music at my receiver. All works fine until my android phone gets lo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't listen to podcasts with video while using VPN

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGoogle Pixel 4a 5GOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI am unable to listen to the audio of a podcast if that podcast also has an option video to watch while connected to VPN. Even if I downloaded the audio-only e...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Google Pixel 4a 5G Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I am unable to listen to the audio of a podcast if that podcast also has an option ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Clock turns off my shuffle mode

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Pixel 2XL, Samsung Galaxy j2)Operating System(Android 7.1.2&6.0.1 respectively) My Question or Issuei am trying to set my alarm on google clock on shuffle keeping my shuffle onstill when it rings the shuffle is off and ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Pixel 2XL, Samsung Galaxy j2) Operating System (Android 7.1.2&6.0.1 respectively)   My Question or Issue i am trying to set my alarm on goo...
  • Novy
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
    shuffle broken
    shuffle bug
    shuffle issue
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Delete music on SD Card

so I'm a bit curious about downloaded music on SD Card. Does Spotify automatically delete songs on the SD Card or just duplicate it when we move the SD Card to a new phone?

• so I'm a bit curious about downloaded music on SD Card. Does Spotify automatically delete songs on the SD Card or just duplicate it when we move the SD Card to a new phone?
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app does not install on Samsung Galaxy A20

Hello,I am trying to install Spotify App on the Samsung Galaxy 20 of my son, but it crashes on each trial. It downloads up to 71%, then tries to install... and after a few seconds, Google Play Store proposes to download it again.The app never shows o...

• Hello, I am trying to install Spotify App on the Samsung Galaxy 20 of my son, but it crashes on each trial. It downloads up to 71%, then tries to install... and after a few seconds, Google Play Stor...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

display number of songs in a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice( Samsung Galaxy)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueHi, I have a question: After an update it isn´t no longer shown on my mobile phone (android, Samsung) how many songs are in one playlist. This is now only p...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device ( Samsung Galaxy) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue Hi, I have a question: After an update it isn´t no longer shown on my mobile pho...
  • TomatoAlley
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing after 10 minutes on Honor 9 Lite

Spotify reliably stops playing after exactly 10 minutes in the background without any notification. I have already changed my battery settings, the app should therefore be untouched by any energy saving mechanisms. PlanPremium DeviceHonor 9 Lite

• Spotify reliably stops playing after exactly 10 minutes in the background without any notification. I have already changed my battery settings, the app should therefore be untouched by any energy sav...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Keeps redownloading everytime I open the app

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceGalaxy Note 20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueAfter the latest update, everytime I open the app, it keeps showing the downloading notification, even though the progress is already at 100%. Now s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue After the latest update, everytime I open the app, it keeps showing the ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect devices showing "can't play this right now"

My Question or IssueI'm using Spotify on Android (Motorola). In the last couple of days when I try to connect to a device it shows them in the list of devices (Xbox and Denon ceol receiver) but both are greyed out with message "can't play this right ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I'm using Spotify on Android (Motorola). In the last couple of days when I try to connect to a device it shows them in the list of devices (Xbox and Denon ceol receiver) but bot...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music lags when display is off - Google pixel

For well over 2 months now my music will lag/stutter when I am using headphones and I locked my screen/am idle. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, deleted cache and stop battery optimization and none of this is working. Please help me!

• For well over 2 months now my music will lag/stutter when I am using headphones and I locked my screen/am idle.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, deleted cache and stop battery optim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution please stop recomme ding music based on music I'm not liking

I am a teacher and I play "this is raffi" for my students. I have "liked" none of the songs, but I keep getting daily playlists of children's music I will never listen to. Is there any way to indicate that I do not want recomendations based on certai...

• I am a teacher and I play "this is raffi" for my students.  I have "liked" none of the songs, but I keep getting daily playlists of children's music I will never listen to.  Is there any wa...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Your Library] Music cuts out when phone lockscreen comes on after being idle

Running into an issue where:1. Plug in headphones and play music2. Set down phone and after 1 minute, the phone screen goes back to screensaver3. Once screen changes, audio cuts out (pause) for a few seconds or until I turn on screen again Please hel...

• Visitor
  • Running into an issue where: 1. Plug in headphones and play music 2. Set down phone and after 1 minute, the phone screen goes back to screensaver 3. Once screen changes, audio cuts out (pause) for...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes