Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I'm paired with Bluetooth, there is a 50% chance that when I hit my play button it will launch Spotify and start playing the most recent song, even if I haven't used Spotify in days.

This will happen even if I just paused a YouTube video or music in another App; Spotify will just greedily launch and decide that play tap was for it.

How do I stop this unwanted behavior without uninstalling Spotify?  I'd like to resume play on other apps without pulling my phone out and navigating to them every time.  Expected behavior would be to only have Spotify play music after I've launched it instead of it always running in the background even if I've force-quit it.

1 Reply

Hey @JohnBono,

Welcome to the Community. Let us take a look at this issue.

The play button of some Bluetooth devices can complete different types of actions. First, let us know if this issue happens with a specific Bluetooth device or if it happens when hitting the play button of any paired device. 

Also, try to pair that Bluetooth device with another mobile device (with the Spotify app installed) to see if the play button does the same action. 

We’ll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts