Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung J3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So I found a wifi and downloaded my songlist for offline listening.

After the download, to test I switched to offline mode.  But could not play any songs. (I knew they were downloaded because I saw the whole list get downloaded song by song, with each icon turning green with arrow).  So I tried turning off the phone and restarting. But when I bring up Spotify it says I can't log in because I'm in offline mode, that I have to to turn it back to online mode. So I go to spotify web player on log in there, and go to section where it says about offline devices. It says there are no offline devices, and there is no option to switch offline to online either. I thought I would try installing Spotify again, so from the web app there is the icon for 'get app'. Clicking that brings up a log-in window(even though I am already logged in through web browswer). And in that new log-in window when I try to log in it doesn't let me because it says I'm in offline mode and need to get to online mode first.(to install spotify) I don't know why you make an app that functions so flakey like this. I don't know how much time I've spent today and wasted trying to get set up for vacation to listen to songs where I won't have interent. I think the better option is to get songs downloaded from another source and use another player.

1 Reply

Hey @12167205953.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

This is an issue which we're aware of and looking into, but we currently don't have a timeline for a fix.

Make sure to head over to this thread for more info - we'll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any udpates on this.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts