Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline data on SD card, but the app takes 9 gigabytes on internal storage

Solved!

Offline data on SD card, but the app takes 9 gigabytes on internal storage

Hi, I have a problem with a family account. As stated in the topic subject, I've downloaded my songs onto the SD card (and the com.spotify folder is right there), but my phone keeps telling me that the app takes 9 gigabytes of internal storage. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with 32 gigs, and even if it's not true that Spotify takes so much space, the phone tells me that the internal storage is full and doesn't allow me to save anything else. Can you please help me with this?

Thank you so much

Mirko

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's a bug which I think is just cosmetic. I originally reported it here and the current thread is here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @k_hal, I don’t think spotify allows you to save data to an SD card. 

Is the SD card corrupt?

Thanks

Logan

Hi Logan, thanks for answering.

Spotify actually allows me to save offline data onto the SD card, but as you can see in the attachment the phone seems to have all the data on the internal storage. But I can assure you that I can play music offline, the SD card works perfectly with everything I need it for and the com.spotify folder is on the SD card, not the internal storage (there is one, but it's empty).

spot.jpg
Marked as solution

It's a bug which I think is just cosmetic. I originally reported it here and the current thread is here.

Thanks a lot!

Suggested posts