Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists being removed from my Android phone

Offline playlists being removed from my Android phone

Ok so every time I turn my Android phone off or the battery dies I lose all of my offline playlists that I've downloaded. Very frustrating.
I've try uninstalling the ap removing everything to do with Spotify from my phone and SDcard, reinstalling the App and I still get the same it removes my offline music once the phone has been turned off.

Can anyone help with this issue?
5 Replies

What device and software version are you using? Have you read through the guide linked in my signature as there are suggestions on how to root cause the issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi

Spotify version: 6.2.0.1028.armV7

Samsung galaxy s7 edge (Model SM-G935F)

Android version: 6.0.1

Build number: MMB29K.G935FXXS1APG3

I have followed your steps in the below link

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257

And still im getting the same problem, what else can I do?

The data seems to still be on my phone/SD card, I can tell this because if I go to app manager and go to spotify you can see in the data section that theres data see photo 1)

Cheers

Scott

photo 1.png

In the Spotify application settings do you see an option for 'Storage location'? Can you check this and advise if the cache is set to internal memory or SD card?

It could be your SD card is corrupt, and the phone rebooting causes the Spotify cache to become corrupted and unreadable. Try moving the cache to your internal memory and see if the exhibited behaviour still exists.

Android Troubleshooting:

Ive just formated my SD card and reinstalled Spotify, I dont think the card is corrupt as I have photos on there and Im not having problems with that.

I'll see how i get on now its been formatted and get back to you.

Thanks for your help

Please do let me know how you get on. If you still have issues please try setting cache to internal because although your photo's may load OK there could be a minor issue in the sector the Spotify cache is set to

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts