Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline problems...what is spotify doing on that?. HELP...

Solved!

Offline problems...what is spotify doing on that?. HELP...

I have a galaxy Tab 10.1 and also 8.9....bought they keep going offline and stay offline.....very irritating. And I have also a Samsung galaxy Player...not supported unfortunaly. I have it installed on my 8.9 and Player...but on Offline  I can nog add lists of offline lists. 

Then they tell you toe uninstall and install again......then I set my list to play offline but after 10 minuten still putting list offline) it is getting OFFLINE and again stays offline.....

WHY???. But I have a HTC Desire HD with a mobile card in it and it works great no offline mode enz... does spotify get paid for using my data stream?. Looks like it.....

I put several messages here nu no good answer...it is getting annoying and I am going to stop my paying accoutn till they fix the problem. 

I bought the player to listen to music while walking...so you forcing me again to add music on a illiagal way..

Does somebody from Spotify give me a good answer which will help all the people here with the offline problems.....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They keep stalling.....so they have money for new thinks but no solutions...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

UPDATE... The latest patch fixed my problem on the rooted Nook tablet. Thank you Spotify for finally taking care of us lowly Android users.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

This is a very common problem with Android users. I have a Nook tablet and have the same issue. Everone is waiting for an Android update, but nothing has come out since Nov 2011. In the mean time, iOS has received several. It seems like Android is not very high on the Spotify priority list. If we were, they could at least reply to these posts with timeline on the update.

Sorry about the rant...

To fix the issue, you have to delete all your "offline" music, clear the application cache (under app settings on your device) and restart. The problem is you can not download any music for off line use or the issue will start all over again. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a Premium account.

Sorry again delleting everything is nog a solution for me. 

I installed my Android device all over again en still the problems...

The keep innoring our problems..and cashing in there money. 

Hey guys!

We're pleased to announce a Preview of the new Android app is available here: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Give it a go and let us know what you think!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

It's still an issue, my dear moderator. Updating the layout won't solve your problems in the code.

It's unbelievable that you still haven't fixed the ofline issue. 

But I guess it is more unbelievable that I am paying for this...

Marked as solution

They keep stalling.....so they have money for new thinks but no solutions...

@hnilsen wrote:

It's still an issue, my dear moderator. Updating the layout won't solve your problems in the code.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I cancelled my Spotify subscription earlier so I can't test playing actual tracks, but I was able to install the new preview.

First time it installed straight over my old installation and when I started the app I still couldn't get out of offline mode.

However, once I'd uninstalled completely and then installed the new preview it came up properly in online mode. Others have reported the same thing.

Of course, that doesn't mean the problem won't return, but this did fix the issue in a way that wasn't working for me before (which led to my cancellation).

Spyke

However, once I'd uninstalled completely and then installed the new preview it came up properly in online mode. Others have reported the same thing.

Of course, that doesn't mean the problem won't return, but this did fix the issue in a way that wasn't working for me before (which led to my cancellation).

Spyke

@spike

If you uninstall and Install again the problem is fixed for several munits en then the problem comes back again. I am getting nuts of all the Unstalling and installing....looks like windows with al that restarting..:D. 

I hope the ImEI is the real problem. 

Have you tried storing any music for offline play? That is what caused the error in the first place. By uninstalling, you lost oll your offline playlists.

I did a total uninstall/reinstall and it worked great until I started downloading tracks. Then its back to the offline glitch.

Thank you for the reply and the link. The new version LOOKS great, but...

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!

I uninstalled the old version and reinstalled the preview. It worked great until I downloaded tracks for offline use. The next time started the app, it fluxuated between on and offline.

This is getting very frustrating.

I was a big Spotify supporter when I only had it on iOS. I told all my family and friends about how great it was. It definetly won't do that any more until the Android version gets a lot of needed coding attention!

Hey guys, sorry to hear you're still having the same problems.

We're looking into this in another thread too, and there's been something posted to try here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-You-are-offline-quot-like-forever-and-ever/m-p/4...

See if that helps out at all. We'll keep trying if not.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I've had this problem twice now. I have been able to fix it both times by going through the oft-quoted five steps that are really three steps (uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling). If this happens again, I'm done with Spotify forever. This can't exist this long and retain my confidence. If we can't get an official response and we can't get a fix, we should get our money.

I completely agree with you mechler. I have the same issue and I'm beginning to be really upset about that. We can't even have an official answer or there is no proof that the problem is seriously considered. It shouldn't be that complicated to fix. I'm seriously thinking about stopping my subscription. Too many "solutions" proposed on the forums and none of them really works.

What do we have to do to be heard?

That's not true. A solution that FIXES the issue has been relayed to them. Even through other channels than the community, and they have verified that the Android team has gotten the message.

This works, but it needs for the Spotify people to implement it: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/quot-You-are-offline-quot-like-forever-and-ever/td-p/...

It's just them being lazy as hell. We have verified that they WILL get an error with their current code.

Marked as solution

UPDATE... The latest patch fixed my problem on the rooted Nook tablet. Thank you Spotify for finally taking care of us lowly Android users.

Suggested posts