Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One single song cannot be played in offline

One single song cannot be played in offline

I have a certain song that cannot be played in offline mode. All other songs work fine, as well as syncing of the playlist. It's only this one song (La Vela Puerca - Va A Escampar) that won't be downloaded. As long as Spotify is online the song can be played.

I already tried to clean the cache, to reboot the phone and to reinstall Spotify. I also reproduced the problem with different playlist.

And no, I don't have a local copy of the song on the sd card. What could be wrong?

4 Replies

Do other songs download, and does that song download?

Is it a local track on your computer though?

All other songs can be downloaded and work fine. It's just this one song.

And I'm 100% sure that the song is not a local song. I double-checked it. Plus, if it was a local track that is not available on the mobile device, it also wouldn't work when Spotify is in online mode, would it? Because as soon as spotify is online the song is streamed correctly. It just can't be downloaded.

@ascg wrote:

All other songs can be downloaded and work fine. It's just this one song.

And I'm 100% sure that the song is not a local song. I double-checked it. Plus, if it was a local track that is not available on the mobile device, it also wouldn't work when Spotify is in online mode, would it? Because as soon as spotify is online the song is streamed correctly. It just can't be downloaded.

That's a good point 🙂

It could be an issue with the track, or the record label may have said Spotify aren't allowed to let people download it (on mobile).

Thanks for your help! Is there anything I can to to check that? Or can I inform Spotify directly about the issue so that someone can technically review the track?

Suggested posts