Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One specific song will not play when added to playlist

One specific song will not play when added to playlist

I have this special issue with Spotify on Android:

There is one song (and only that song) that will not play on my Note II when it's added to a playlist (both online and offline). If I delete the song from the playlist and start another song, then I'm able to play the defect song when online (and not in my playlist). The song works perfectly fine on Windows application.

Song: CHVRCHES - Gun

Phone: Samsung Note II

Spotify: v0.6.4.47

8 Replies

I am in the US and can'g find the song "Gun" by CHVRCHES. 

Only album comes up for me is Recover - EP and their Single "The Mother We Share."

Good music BTW

Hmm. That's weird. I can't find "The Mother We Share". I can find "Recover" and "Gun" in Norway (singles).

What happens if you use the Spotify link: CHVRCHES – Gun

It just opens my spotify from my phone and doesn't search. It only opens spotify to what I was doing last time I used it. (Droid RAZR)

On PC it doesn't find it either.

So I just got the link on the web gui. 

It is greyed out and that more than likely means it was removed for copyright purposes.

Here's some more info on it.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/some-spotify-tracks-are-grayed-out/td-p/5...

Or it may be available in selected countries.If I click the link my desktop client tells me the track is not available in tthe UK.

Well. The problem is not that it's unplayable. The problem is that it's unplayable when added to a playlist. I can listen to the song all day long if I don't add it to a playlist. It's not greyed out or different in any other way.

Do you get the same if you add the song to a playlist on your Note rather than on your desktop?

This only occurs on the Note. Works fine on desktop.

What I did to retest was:

1: Tried to play Gun from Note II. Did not work.

2: Deleted it from my playlist

3: Searched for the artist

4: Tried to play Gun from search results. Did not work.

5: Started the other song (did not listened to it - just started it to make sure that it worked)

6: Started Gun. Song worked fine.

7: Closed the Android app and open the desktop app

8: Searched for and played Gun again.

9: Added it to my playlist.

10: Verified that the song worked in desktop playlist.

11: Closed desktop app and opened Android app.

12: Tried to play the song from playlist in Note II. Did not work.

Suggested posts