Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Mad4music
  • Visitor
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 62 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android phone as remote for IOS spotify app?

Hi, I use my ipad as main Spotify playback device... with the lovely cover-art on full screen display. Sometimes I feel the need to be able to skip tracks without getting up. No problem you say? Sadly, the only thing I can use as remote is my Samsung...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I use my ipad as main Spotify playback device... with the lovely cover-art on full screen display.   Sometimes I feel the need to be able to skip tracks without getting up. No pro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have to download songs over and over

Since the last update I've had to download my music again two times over the coarse of about two weeks or so. All of a sudden my playlists just seem to un-downloaded themselves for no apparent reason, and it's really driving me crazy. Is anyone else ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update I've had to download my music again two times over the coarse of about two weeks or so. All of a sudden my playlists just seem to un-downloaded themselves for no apparent reason...
  • greenstacker
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile spotify for Android, keeps trying to ad facebook.

Every once in a while mobiel spotify makes me log back in, when I do it tries to tell me I don't know my password, the one I just used to log onto spotify on my pc.So then I log in with fb and it tries to make me opt to share the music I listen to wi...

• Music Fan
  • Every once in a while mobiel spotify makes me log back in, when I do it tries to tell me I don't know my password, the one I just used to log onto spotify on my pc.So then I log in  with fb and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play music on android tablet

Hi, I've upgraded to premium account and can't seem to play any music on my tablet.It also doesn't seem to sync up with my spotify account, as i don't see any playlists or starred songs.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've upgraded to premium account and can't seem to play any music on my tablet. It also doesn't seem to sync up with my spotify account, as i don't see any playlists or starred songs.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Reconnect strategy too conservative

I've posted this in the iOS section, but should be in the Android. On the Galaxy S4, when driving in the car the internet connection will briefly go and come back almost every minute. Spotify's reconnect strategy is way too conservative now, the appl...

• Casual Listener
  • I've posted this in the iOS section, but should be in the Android.   On the Galaxy S4, when driving in the car the internet connection will briefly go and come back almost every minute. Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs won't play on my Galaxy S3

DescriptionSome of the songs on my phone don't have the green "downloaded" circle/arrow next to them on my Starred playlist. These particular songs just straight up won't play if I'm in Offline Mode, but once I turn Offline Mode off, they work fine. ...

• Description Some of the songs on my phone don't have the green "downloaded" circle/arrow next to them on my Starred playlist.  These particular songs just straight up won't play if I'm in Offli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Andriod Search Function

Iv recently switch from the Iphone to an Andriod, on the Iphone Spotify App you could search through your synced songs on your offline playlists but on the Andriod I cant seem to do this am I missing something or doesnt the Andriod App have this feat...

• Casual Listener
  • Iv recently switch from the Iphone to an Andriod, on the Iphone Spotify App you could search through your synced songs on your offline playlists but on the Andriod I cant seem to do this am I missing...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

change Storage size

Does anyone knows how to get the storage smaller in android because on windows it can be adjustable?

• Does anyone knows how to get the storage smaller in android because on windows it can be adjustable?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloads becoming undownloaded?????

Hi, When I download a playlist onto my Samsung Galaxy siii it will work absolutely fine. Then say a week later everything is undownloaded and says tracks unavailable and that I need to re download the playlists. I have not restarted my phone or anyth...

• Hi,   When I download a playlist onto my Samsung Galaxy siii it will work absolutely fine. Then say a week later everything is undownloaded and says tracks unavailable and that I need to re do...
  • JayWhite9
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Message saying Syncing Error, Unknown Error

I keep getting an error message saying Syncing Error. Unknown Error. Music became undownloaded on my Android. Unable to redownload.

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting an error message saying Syncing Error. Unknown Error.  Music became undownloaded on my Android. Unable to redownload. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify Support" Not quite an oxymoron but almost. Track Order Within Playlist

NO Re-Ordering of Tracks Within a Playlist - On a Mobile Device. 8 Months...what a joke - and one I'm paying for. I must have flipped my lid. I pay for several accounts. I consider my £40 per month to be worth something, a reply at least. I trust Spo...

• Gig Goer
  • NO Re-Ordering of Tracks Within a Playlist - On a Mobile Device.   8 Months...what a joke - and one I'm paying for.  I must have flipped my lid.   I pay for several accounts.  I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

not downloading all songs

Premium account on android galaxy nexus...when downloading albums, it says there are a certain number of tracks on that album. When I go to the album, there are only 2 or 3 downloaded. The downloading is finished so its not like I'm just not waiting ...

• Premium account on android galaxy nexus...when downloading albums, it says there are a certain number of tracks on that album. When I go to the album, there are only 2 or 3 downloaded. The downloadin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Going back from playlist goes to top of playlists, NOT to recent position

On Android, clicking on a playlist and going back moves you to the top of the playlists, not to your old position. This is hugely annoying and a break from expected behavior of a list. Please fix.

• Casual Listener
  • On Android, clicking on a playlist and going back moves you to the top of the playlists, not to your old position.   This is hugely annoying and a break from expected behavior of a list. &...
  • wfwhitney
  • 21 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 12 likes

Radio does not play

Playback lapses in radio mode on my mobile device. Won't play next song. Just stops playing totally. Has gone on forever. Very frustrated. Don't have similar problem on my desktop, however.

• Playback lapses in radio mode on my mobile device. Won't play next song. Just stops playing totally. Has gone on forever. Very frustrated. Don't have similar problem on my desktop, however.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how can i tell how many tracks i have offline synced?

hello where in the spotify android app does it tell me- how much data (in GB or MB) is used- how many tracks out of the allowed 3,333 tracks i have synced? as for data, i can use a file explorer to see that, ok, but it would be nice to have it in the...

• Gig Goer
  • hello   where in the spotify android app does it tell me - how much data (in GB or MB) is used - how many tracks out of the allowed 3,333 tracks i have synced?   as for data, i can us...
  • royal23
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify listening via aux in car

Hi,I have just tried to listen to Spotify via the headphone (aux) port in my Car Stereo. The problem being that it would immediately skip songs, before even starting to play them and then would ring the first person in my call list and immediately ha...

• Hi, I have just tried to listen to Spotify via the headphone (aux) port in my Car Stereo. The problem being that it would immediately skip songs, before even starting to play them and then would rin...
  • ChromeSkull
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium user in Korea. after Factory Reset - can no longer download the phone app

I pay for Spotify Premium and I live in South Korea.The mobile phone app was working perfectly until I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone (Galaxy S3) and now when I try to download the app it's saying that the app is unavailable to me. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I pay for Spotify Premium and I live in South Korea. The mobile phone app was working perfectly until I had to do a Factory Reset on my phone (Galaxy S3)  and now when I try to download the ap...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app wont work on my zte android !

I previously bought a new android phone & downloaded the app no problem. But the app is just a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 5x but nothing! What can I do? Help?!

• I previously bought a new android phone & downloaded the app no problem. But the app is just a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 5x but nothing! What can I do? Help?!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify on HTC Desrire S

I have an HTC Desire S, running Android 2.3.5 (which is the newest version available), and on Monday?, when Spotify updated itself, it will no longer start. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, and reinstalled, always the same; it just will not s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an HTC Desire S, running Android 2.3.5 (which is the newest version available), and on Monday?, when Spotify updated itself, it will no longer start. I have uninstalled the app 3 or 4 times, a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

starred tracks playlist stuck on "loading"

Cant access my starred tracks playlist at all. Only shows that it is constantly loading. I just updated to latest version last night. Running on HTC Rezound. Can access other playlists just fine, only starred seems affected. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Cant access my starred tracks playlist at all. Only shows that it is constantly loading. I just updated to latest version last night. Running on HTC Rezound. Can access other playlists just fine, onl...
  • JJR
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes