Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Online with offline list

Solved!

Online with offline list

Hi,

Just wondering if there´s any chance that Spotify can simultaneously work

online with an offline list. I mean, that I can keep it online with a dowloaded list

and that the app wouldn´t charge me for any data for the downloaded tracks.

It would be more than awesome to see my new messages in my inbox and the FB feed

without it eating my data when I have the list downloaded.

Is that possible?

/Mandy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Local content will play without streaming but the background communications (scrobbling and sending play statistics to spotify) will continue. In the past, people have reported that their mobile was still using far too much data used this way. I haven't seen reports like this for a few months so I'm guessing it has been fixed but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on spotify's data usage for a couple of days, just in case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Local content will play without streaming but the background communications (scrobbling and sending play statistics to spotify) will continue. In the past, people have reported that their mobile was still using far too much data used this way. I haven't seen reports like this for a few months so I'm guessing it has been fixed but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on spotify's data usage for a couple of days, just in case.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Suggested posts