Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

As pictured, the genre filters are overlapping on my liked songs. This happens consistently every time I open the app, and there is no change in how these buttons are overlapping. It appears to be just a visual glitch (I can still tap the actual buttons and it seems to work alright), but it's really frustrating how ugly it makes my Spotify look. Is anyone having a similar issue or know what might be causing this?

spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @jostrower,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

This type of errors are usually caused by cache stored on your device. We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if it happens using a different device with your same account? This will give us a better look at the issue to help you further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Im having the same issue deleting cache and uninstalling and reinstalling only help it for a little bit but it immediately goes back to that 

Hey @Grapes97,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

First, we'll suggest to log into another device with your account to see if you're still experiencing this issue. 

It might also be a good idea to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your device with their account and test this out to see if they get the same error?

Lastly, if you haven't tried yet, could you try with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it.

Let us know how you get on. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same problem but I think it might be the amount of genre's 

Can confirm removed a genre and it fixed 

Suggested posts