Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Ownership bug

Ownership bug

I really wanted to post this in the Bug section, but I found out that isn't for users! This doesn't apply just to Android, but also the desktop, and most likely all platforms.

Yesterday I found out that my playlist was owned by one of my friends, that happens to be a subscriber to this playlist. He is not collaborating or anything, just seeing the songs in the list. The owner 'changed' in the afternoon, but later in the evening it had changed again.

This is the first time I have stumbled upon such a bug. Have anybody else been a 'victim' to the ownership-changes? Is this bug recognized?

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies

@OliK wrote:

I really wanted to post this in the Bug section, but I found out that isn't for users! This doesn't apply just to Android, but also the desktop, and most likely all platforms.

Yesterday I found out that my playlist was owned by one of my friends, that happens to be a subscriber to this playlist. He is not collaborating or anything, just seeing the songs in the list. The owner 'changed' in the afternoon, but later in the evening it had changed again.

This is the first time I have stumbled upon such a bug. Have anybody else been a 'victim' to the ownership-changes? Is this bug recognized?

Thank you in advance.

The bugs section is for staff to post up bugs to make them more manageable 🙂

Are you sure he just hasn't 'cloned' the playlist to be his, so he can edit it, and you still own the original? (Basically, two lists are made, one owned by you, one him, and they contain the same songs and title).

No I'm sure. It is and always has been my list, and suddenly it said that I wasn't the owner any more. He could not add or delete songs from it, so it's a bug alright.

Every second time I enter Spotify on my mobile phone, I am the owner, and every other second time I'm not. Is there just me facing this problem/bug?

Suggested posts