Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says out of space when downloading

Im using a nexus 10 with 4.2 and 8.9gigs of free space and when trying to download any playlist weather it be 10 songs or 100 songs it says im out of space. Clean reinstall done and made sure it was saving to internal memory. Any workarounds for this...

• Im using a nexus 10 with 4.2 and 8.9gigs of free space and when trying to download any playlist weather it be 10 songs or 100 songs it says im out of space. Clean reinstall done and made sure it was ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution to playlist unsyncing or deleting offline songs

Hey guys, I created this thread to let everyone see how the problem can be fixed.I posted earlier and was having the same issue. Because spotify didn't say a single word about this issue, I went to cancel my subscription and on the final cancellation...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, I created this thread to let everyone see how the problem can be fixed. I posted earlier and was having the same issue. Because spotify didn't say a single word about this issue, I went ...
  • ZarifH
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on galaxy s3 vibrates to beat

Coming back to Spotify and put on new phone,a Galaxy S3 from Sprint. Now, I through this app only my phone vibrates to the Beat. Pause the music vibration stops, start and vibration continues. Exceptionally annoying. This is not going through thephon...

• Visitor
  • Coming back to Spotify and put on new phone,a Galaxy S3 from Sprint. Now, I through this app only my phone vibrates to the Beat. Pause the music vibration stops, start and vibration continues. Except...
  • hunter4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offline for Samsung Galaxy SII does not work.

Hello,My girlfriend's spotify offline mode does not work on her Samsung Galaxy SII, however when i tried it on my Phone, Galaxy S III (3) it works.She has triedReinstallingRedownloadingLogging on and off thousant time.Rebooting phone thousands of tim...

• Hello, My girlfriend's spotify offline mode does not work on her Samsung Galaxy SII, however when i tried it on my Phone, Galaxy S III (3) it works. She has tried Reinstalling Redownloading ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Signed Up for 30 Day Premium Trial, But My Phone isnt Recognizing

HI! I Signed Up for 30 Day Premium Trial, But My Phone isnt Recognizing it ans is still saying I need Premium Service to access Playlists/ 6+ Skips on Radio. Anyone ever had that happen? Is it a timing issue--I just signed up 3 minutes ago. BTW, I st...

• Casual Listener
  • HI!   I Signed Up for 30 Day Premium Trial, But My Phone isnt Recognizing it ans is still saying I need Premium Service to access Playlists/ 6+ Skips on Radio. Anyone ever had that happen? I...
  • Rhad_Rhed
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

local files

the problem described here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Where-the-hell-are-my-local-files/m-p/80927, marked as solved by someone who clearly didn't read the thread, is still present. can Spotify bring this feature back or clearly st...

• Casual Listener
  • the problem described here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Where-the-hell-are-my-local-files/m-p/80927, marked as solved by someone who clearly didn't read the thread, is still present...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeating radio, stuttering and no radio on some songs/artists

Please Spotify support, fix the android app. The main problem I have with it is the occasional annoying fast stuttering of the song thats playing. Another problem is the radio stations play the same songs in the same order after a short while. Also s...

• Casual Listener
  • Please Spotify support, fix the android app.  The main problem I have with it is the occasional annoying fast stuttering of the song thats playing.  Another problem is the radio stations pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Easy way to save for the external memory card

Hello! I have long been annoyed at being unable to save spotify on external memory card, but follow this tip, so it is perfectly fine, at least if you live in SwedenI have the Samsung Galaxy S3 versin 4.0.2 Uninstall SpotifyCopy this link into your w...

• Music Fan
  • Hello! I have long been annoyed at being unable to save spotify on external memory card, but follow this tip, so it is perfectly fine, at least if you live in Sweden I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 ver...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Pausing music while buffering

Hi, ever since the newest update to spotify (with the redesigned user interface), if I pause a song while it is buffering, when it loads more of the song, it will continue playing, even tho my UI represents the song as paused, then I have to click pl...

• Regular
  • Hi, ever since the newest update to spotify (with the redesigned user interface), if I pause a song while it is buffering, when it loads more of the song, it will continue playing, even tho my UI rep...
  • NikolajC
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! sleep mode

I would like to wake up to my favorite playlist. Is it possible for the spotify app to get an alarm function or a sleep mode to start a play queue at a specified time?

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to wake up to my favorite playlist. Is it possible for the spotify app to get an alarm function or a sleep mode to start a play queue at a specified time?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music play

hiwhen i play spotify on my android i here the music only on the left loudspeakeri have this since two days i thinksorry for my english

• Casual Listener
  • hi when i play spotify on my android i here the music only on the left loudspeaker i have this since two days i think sorry for my english
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify set up on my droid?

spotify set up on my lap-top. Can I use same log-in and password to set up on my droid?

• spotify set up on my lap-top. Can I use same log-in and password to set up on my droid?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download playlists for offline play at all [Unknown Sync Error]

Description Whenever I try to download tracks for offline play (whether over 3G, H+, Wifi or via Sync) my mobile gives the message "Syncing Error - Unknown error" and a continue button to press, which does nothing. What are the steps you took to get ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Whenever I try to download tracks for offline play (whether over 3G, H+, Wifi or via Sync) my mobile gives the message "Syncing Error - Unknown error" and a continue button to press, wh...
  • michaelahmad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Please buffer both the current and the next track

Very often when I'm driving I pass through areas with only Edge cell phone coverage. This is fine if the current track is playing since the complete track seems to be buffered well in advance. But if the track ends and a new track is started while in...

• Casual Listener
  • Very often when I'm driving I pass through areas with only Edge cell phone coverage. This is fine if the current track is playing since the complete track seems to be buffered well in advance. But if...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playback stops - Pressing play starts track but no sound

Ok. Scenario: * I got premium * I got this issue with synced tracks AND streaming tracks * A song "starts" (no sound) * Pressing pause resets the "track position" progress bar to 0:00 * Pressing play starts the track position progress bar but no soun...

• Music Fan
  • Ok.   Scenario:  * I got premium  * I got this issue with synced tracks AND streaming tracks  * A song "starts" (no sound)  * Pressing pause resets the "track pos...
  • Hvornum
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile Premium deleting offline songs at random while offline

Hi this issue has been identified before by abother person before.http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Spotify-is-constantly-deleting-my-offline-tracks/td-p/116500I used the troubleshooting template and the issue did not go away. (http://co...

• Regular
  • Hi this issue has been identified before by abother person before. http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Spotify-is-constantly-deleting-my-offline-tracks/td-p/116500 I used the trouble...
  • ZarifH
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

nothing will play

I'm new to spotify. Loved it, but today it said my free trial was over and I had to upgrade to premium for on demand mobile streaming. I have signed up for the unlimited package and also reinstalled the app, but am still unable to play anything, just...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new to spotify. Loved it, but today it said my free trial was over and I had to upgrade to premium for on demand mobile streaming. I have signed up for the unlimited package and also reinstalled ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening spotify offline on Android phone

Hello, I cannot listen spotify when I am offline on my phone. How can I still listen spotify while being offline on my android phone? Thanks

• Hello,    I cannot listen spotify when I am offline on my phone.  How can I still listen spotify while being offline on my android phone?    Thanks 
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

nouvelles conditions générales Offline

bonjour, je lis depuis ce matin que vous changez les conditions d'utilisations pour supprimer l'achat en ligne de titres via spotify et supprimer aussi la syncronisation hors ligne. cela afin de faire uniquement du streaming. mon abonnement arrive a ...

• bonjour,   je lis depuis ce matin que vous changez les conditions d'utilisations pour supprimer l'achat en ligne de titres via spotify et supprimer aussi la syncronisation hors ligne. cela a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with mobiles with multiple internal memory cards (ie experia st21i)

I have 2 smartphones, one older, with a 4gb extra memory card, which I can save more than 500 songs on, and a new experia with 32gb extra memory, which only allows 200 songs to be downloaded offline. The problem is that the experia has 2 internal mem...

• Regular
  • I have 2 smartphones, one older, with a 4gb extra memory card, which I can save more than 500 songs on, and a new experia with 32gb extra memory, which only allows 200 songs to be downloaded offline....
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes