Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

alphabetizing

How can I get all my albums to show in alphabetical order in my main playlist tab?

• Casual Listener
  • How can I get all my albums to show in alphabetical order in my main playlist tab?
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in!

I can't log in to my mobile account. When I try to it takes me to my playlists but then within a few seconds kicks me back out to the log in home page. I've read many different threads on log in issues, and have tried seemingly EVERYTHING: reinstalle...

• Regular
  • I can't log in to my mobile account. When I try to it takes me to my playlists but then within a few seconds kicks me back out to the log in home page. I've read many different threads on log in issu...
  • paulandrade
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Hardware Remote Control für Android

is there any "hardware! remote control like the apple remote to control spotify on android? Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • is there any "hardware! remote control like the apple remote to control spotify on android?   Thank you
  • PaintX
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio playlist blocked

Hi, I used to listen at my favorite playlist on mode radio to discover new music with the same kind as my playlist. 1 week ago, i push on like button on a metal hardcore music. Since, i say throught that button, i like hardcore metal, when i launch m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I used to listen at my favorite playlist on mode radio to discover new music with the same kind as my playlist. 1 week ago, i push on like button on a metal hardcore music. Since, i sa...
  • yorktronic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Download

Spotify worked for me always fine. Great app so far and i am really a proud user of it. But since last week when Spotify is gonna to download some new songs my mobile (Samsung Galaxy s2) get every second a popup Download 0/23 but after an hour its st...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify worked for me always fine. Great app so far and i am really a proud user of it. But since last week when Spotify is gonna to download some new songs my mobile (Samsung Galaxy s2) get every se...
  • Sjowieee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My songs are re-downloading everytime I open the Starred folder.

Kindle Fire first gen. Title says it all. Tried re-downloading Spotify to no avail. Anybody know anything else or able to point me in the right direction. Will be getting any updates for the Amazon store? Also having the problem where no albums are b...

• Music Fan
  • Kindle Fire first gen. Title says it all. Tried re-downloading Spotify to no avail. Anybody know anything else or able to point me in the right direction. Will be getting any updates for the Amazon s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify radio's album art and songs are grayed out

Hello. As the topic says, when I use radio in Android Spotify (I am a free user) the album art and song information is dark and very hard to see. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and if there is a fix. I have attached a picture to sho...

Spotify_gray.png
  • Music Fan
  • Hello. As the topic says, when I use radio in Android Spotify (I am a free user) the album art and song information is dark and very hard to see. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem, and ...
  • stegnersaurus
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music stops when phone sleeps... not streaming

I know it's not a wireless thing, because this happens even with songs that I've downloaded. I'm using a Motorola Atrix with Android, and I don't have any auto-task killing apps. I also run the phone on performance mode as far as the battery is conce...

• Casual Listener
  • I know it's not a wireless thing, because this happens even with songs that I've downloaded.   I'm using a Motorola Atrix with Android, and I don't have any auto-task killing apps. I also ru...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! See track / playlist length

Hi there. Is there any way to see: How far into a track I am Lengths of tracks in playlists Lengths of playlists Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hi there.   Is there any way to see: How far into a track I am Lengths of tracks in playlists Lengths of playlists   Thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Two Accounts

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance of this subject I have just upgraded my account on my desktop to premium which should allow me to use it on my mobile, but I also previously opened a 48hour trial on my mobile using a different email address. The proble...

• Hi, Please excuse my ignorance of this subject I have just upgraded my account on my desktop to premium which should allow me to use it on my mobile, but I also previously opened a 48hour trial on ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline mode "License expired"

Dear community, I'm having issues getting my Spotify to work in offline mode on my Android phone. On the PC everyis working fine, I've got my license activated. But when I press offline mode on my phone it tells me that my license has been expired an...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community,   I'm having issues getting my Spotify to work in offline mode on my Android phone. On the PC everyis working fine, I've got my license activated. But when I press offline mo...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I just need to ask a person from Spotify team :)

Hi. As the title says I need to ask someone from the Spotify team, and if someone want to discuss or something, it's okay for me I have an Samsung Galaxy S3 that runs Android of source, and I have a friend that has Iphone 4S and it runs on iOS someth...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. As the title says I need to ask someone from the Spotify team, and if someone want to discuss or something, it's okay for me 😛   I have an Samsung Galaxy S3 that runs Android of sourc...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

New App broke Screen Rotation

Hi! First: I commented this to the Mobile Landscape mode Idea thread a while back: My Spotify does go vertical when connected to a car dock (Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy Note Car Dock). The ability is lacking from the iPhone/iPad support. I...

• Community Legend
  • Hi!   First: I commented this to the Mobile Landscape mode Idea thread a while back:   My Spotify does go vertical when connected to a car dock (Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Gala...
  • spetzyy
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

playlists lost during upgrade to premium

I activated my spotify premium trial and then when using spotify on my phone my playlists i made on the free version have gone and i've got all my old playlists i had on itunes appearing, i havent been able to check if they're showing on my computer....

• Visitor
  • I activated my spotify premium trial and then when using spotify on my phone my playlists i made on the free version have gone and i've got all my old playlists i had on itunes appearing, i havent b...
  • th3ryanoceros
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

wifi disconnects whit bluetooth

Cuando conecto la tableta al sistema de sonido vía bluetooth, el wifi se desconecta. No es un problema de la tableta porque he probado con distintas y distintos teléfonos. ¿Alguna idea?.Gracias

• Cuando conecto la tableta al sistema de sonido vía bluetooth, el wifi se desconecta. No es un problema de la tableta porque he probado con distintas y distintos teléfonos. ¿Alguna idea?.Gracias
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Wrong song deleted from playlist

When I try to delete an "unavailable track" (grayed out) from my "Liked from Radio" playlist, it deletes the song below, but not the unavailable song. Steps to reproduce: Go to a playlist Find a song that is grayed out Long press that song until the ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to delete an "unavailable track" (grayed out) from my "Liked from Radio" playlist, it deletes the song below, but not the unavailable song.   Steps to reproduce: Go to a playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how connect android with usb to my pc? not works

Some time I have my phone on Devices, other times it doesn't work. It's my problem ? Let me know how i can download music already downloaded offline and pass it on my phone, without downloading it one more time with my phone connection. thanks a lot ...

• Some time I have my phone on Devices, other times it doesn't work. It's my problem ? Let me know how i can download music already downloaded offline and pass it on my phone, without  downloadi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlists on ICS

Premium user now for about 2 years and it worked fine on my old HTC Desire running Android 2.2. Since upgrading to a Galaxy S3 running Jelly Bean though I've noticed random single tracks disappearing from playlists in offline mode (sometimes only hou...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium user now for about 2 years and it worked fine on my old HTC Desire running Android 2.2. Since upgrading to a Galaxy S3 running Jelly Bean though I've noticed random single tracks disappearing...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps logging me off

I have been using it on my HTC sensation for a while now on 4G, never have problems. This just started happening in the last week after an update. Itplays the song for a bit, then it just logs me off. I have tried everything, clearing data, reinstall...

• I have been using it on my HTC sensation for a while now on 4G, never have problems. This just started happening in the last week after an update. Itplays the song for a bit, then it just logs me off...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound for my tracks on my android

Three days ago and for no apparent reason the playback sound stopped on my Android smartphone. Other music programs I have play normally. Playlists transferred to my iPod also play normally. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no results...

• Casual Listener
  • Three days ago and for no apparent reason the playback sound stopped on my Android smartphone. Other music programs I have play normally. Playlists transferred to my iPod also play normally...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes