Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for student spotify and still on free

Solved!

Paid for student spotify and still on free

This is the second time with Spotify and I got charged 5.40 for the Spotify for students. I just want my account upgraded. Last account on my girlfriends phone I got charge 3 times and was not refunded. I did not receive a receipt emailed to my email but only a bill to my wells fargo account. I have a screenshot of the charges but does not let me apply pictures. i do have the transaction number, it says  PURCHASE ADY*Spotify 646 8375380 NY CARD4360
I am sick and tired of this always happening, i have logged in and out and unistalled the app and still nothing. The transaction said it failed just like last time but still charged me I either want my money back or a refund.
Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@artavious_marsh

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your account a day or two later.

In any case, you should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi Emilioleal77. Since you never received a receipt in your email, then the most likely reason you're having this issue is because you have a second account. See if you can find which email the receipt went to, and if you do, try using that email to log in. If you cannot locate the details for this second account, or continue having issues, then I would recommend getting in touch with support. Note that if you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it is from a no reply address) and support will get back to you as soon as possible. Hope this helps, and please let me know if there's anything else you need.

I purchased the student account twice!! I tried to verify that I was a student and it wouldn't go through but they took my money anyways.
Marked as solution

@artavious_marsh

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your account a day or two later.

In any case, you should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Nothings working. To avoid monthly payments being taken off my credit card for service im not getting, my only option is to replace my credit card. Thanks for nothing Spotify... YOU SUCK!!!!!

me too!!! i want this **** resloved now.

Hey @MrHerb164,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

Didnt work, still says free. I got no receipt for it. But the money is definitely gone. Funny how that works. 

tried it, subcription still says free, ive restarted my phone, restarted the app, logged out and logged back in, nothing. money is still gone. robbed. i am pretty upset about this.

I'll guess that you have somehow managed to create two accounts, one free and the other with premium @MrHerb164 . Rather than ranting in the community, get in touch with them here and the team will help get this fixed. You will probably get an automated email back - please reply to it to speed things along.

All they say when i write emails is where to find support, and that never fixes anything. Some support theyve got alright. A customer service line would be useful. Thatd be too easy though. 

@MrHerb164 wrote:
All they say when i write emails is where to find support, and that never fixes anything. Some support theyve got alright. A customer service line would be useful. Thatd be too easy though. 

I did say "You will probably get an automated email back - please reply to it to speed things along."

Suggested posts