Pair Spotify with Galaxy Watch 3

Plan

Premium Family 

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3

My Question or Issue

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 LTE. It had Spotify pre-loaded on the watch. When I go to the app, it says "Log in to stream music (Premium feature)".  I click on the screen and it tells me to go to www.spotify.com/pair.  It then gives a six-digit code and tells me to put the code in at the website. I go to the website, put in the code, and the website tells me that the device is paired and I can close the window. However, nothing happens on the watch. It just sits there on the screen with the six-digit code.  It says that it is a "premium feature." Does this mean that Family Premium won't work? Is there something else that I need to be doing with this to get Spotify to work properly on the watch?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Hey there @xero40,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help.

You should be able to connect your account. It doesn't matter what subscription you have.

The type of subscription will affect the access to different features, but not the linking process. And on top of that with the Family plan you will get all the perks of a Premium account. 

In this case we recommend you to try to reinstall the app both on your phone and the watch.

You can also take a look at this page to see more details on the steps we suggested.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away if you need us 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have exactly the same issue too. Did you finally get to pair and log in on your watch?

I tried your suggestions but I'm still having the same issue. Galaxy watch 3 and iphone are the devices.

Hi folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

@Jojosono, sorry for the delayed reply. Could you let us know if you're still encountering this issue?

@CIS_Leader, would you mind letting us know if you've already tried reinstalling the app following these specific steps on your phone? This process is more  thorough than a normal one. If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you factory reset the watch. 

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts