Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung S20 FE

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Like many users on this forum. I am unable to make downloaded songs remain on my SD card after a device reboot. Every time i reboot, Spotify forgets the SD card exists and tries to download all my music to the internal storage. 

The outrageous thing is that the issue has been around since (at least) 2015 and the fix seems ridiculously simple, Spotify needs to change the code of the app so the the SD card is allowed to boot up before Spotify does.

It seems amateur that Spotify hasn't fixed this already. So how do we get their attention to fix this? Other than leaving bad reviews in the google store and by cancelling subscriptions? If you're like me and you want to keep a large library of music on an SD card, the app is basically unusable. 

1 Reply

Hey there @wanderlust1985

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you've been having issues with your downloaded content. 

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check if everything is ok with your account's cache and further assist you with this.

If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts