Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android Automotive] Search view needs refinement

[Android Automotive] Search view needs refinement

Plan

Premium

Country
Norway

Device

Polestar 2

Operating System

AAOS 10

My Question or Issue

When using the search function, there's at least two issues that makes it less user-friendly and more scary to use as you're driving.

- It does not show a list of the recent searches, so you always need to type

- When you have found a song, pressed it for playing, when you press the BACK-ARROW, you're taken to the main home screen, not the search view you found the song. To get back there, you have to press the search-button again.

Bonus, feature request:

I would like to be able to queue songs...

2 Replies

Hey @Gwareth

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions about improving the search feature in Android Automotive. If you think other users might also support your ideas, we recommend that you create separate posts on our relevant Ideas board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, you'll need to create 3 posts to cover the suggestions you've listed above, so that it would be clear what other users are voting for when the ideas are approved.

Hope this info helps. We'll be happy to reply if there's anything else that we could do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Elena, however, it feels very antiquated that we need to create an "idea" to get something working in AAOS that already exists as default in the normal Android app, making it more road-friendly even.

But I'll get that going, I'm having many "ideas" based on a cool app I've tried, "Spotify".

Suggested posts