Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

When listening to an album or playlist on the Spotify Android app, when I pause listening and then resume that session hours later, Spotify has remembered the play position of the current song, and only the next TWO songs in the Play Queue. Past those next 2 songs, the Play Queue is empty, at which point Spotify will start playing the radio station related to that playlist/album. It takes me a while to realize Spotify has stopped playing what I wanted and is now playing a radio station. I have to go back and try to find where I was on that album/playlist, which is extremely annoying for a long playlist.

This is a recurring behaviour. I can provide screenshots or a video capture if that would help.

1 Reply

Alex

Hey @danekbarney,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if this is happening when Shuffle is enabled on the playlist/ album when you start listening?

It would be great if you can provide screenshots of how the queue looks when you start playing a playlist/ album and then, when you come back to the app after some time and resume playing.

We'll look into this further 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod