Premium

Country

DK

Device

Samsung Galaxy a70

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

On premium, with shuffle off, sorted by artist, I like to play the first song of an artist or album in a bigger playlist and listen to it in the sorted sequence, as I see it on the screen, by artist, then album.

That stopped working about a month ago, and the playback WILL give me, say, 10 songs in a row from the same artist, but it is NOT in the order of sorting, by album, alphabetical order or even custom order (songs added first, come first). I don't get the logic of it. It is really annoying.

Again, no shuffle, on premium.

3 Replies

I have experienced this problem as well. I absolutely hate it. When I have shuffle off I want to play an album in order while I'm still in the playlist. For some reason it still plays artists in alphabetical order, but it then shuffles the artists songs even though shuffle is off. 

This has been happening to me for a while, too. The only way to fix it (and this only works until the next time the Spotify app is opened) is to change the sorting parameters (e.g. by title), and then switch back to sorting by artist, which will put the songs and queue back in the order the original order. Incredibly tedious and frustrating.

I have raised a similar topic for the Windows version - here 

Suggested posts