Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback says started with seconds on clock at beginning of song which cuts off end (Samsung)

Playback says started with seconds on clock at beginning of song which cuts off end (Samsung)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 with Samsung soundbar on Samsung connect

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Recently when playing through my s20 through Samsung connect to a Samsung hw-ms650 the song will begin with varying seconds on the playback bar but it's the beginning of the song. This causes the end of the song to be cut off as it believes it's reached the end but it's got a variable amount of the song left. No issue with playback on phone or using Bluetooth headset.

Both app and soundbar firmware are up to date and it was working fine a day or so ago. I've just listened to a song and now the playback bar isn't even in sync with the song at all.

3 Replies

Hey there @pfb201

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. 

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a video where we can take a better look at what happens? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Novy,

My wife has the same issue on a different phone so it's unlikely that the
install is corrupted on two devices in exactly the same way. Not sure how
to send you a video of something not working but I'll have a think.

Hey @pfb201

Thanks for your reply. 

Not to worry. What we'd like to see is how the song starts and how it ends and what you see from your end in the Now playing view. This will help us investigate what might be causing the issue. 

It would also be helpful to know the exact Spotify version you're currently running. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts