Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I pause a song and the notification disappears in a minute or less. That's very annoying. I used Yandex.Music before Spotify and don't had that issue

3 Replies

Hey there @dailrus,

Thank you for your post.

When you say notification - do you mean the the board where you see what's playing?

You can always try with a clean reinstall to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also - try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have, and also provide us with a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I'm having a similar problem to the above and have attached a video so you can perhaps assist. Whenever I pause playback on Spotify, the player will vanish from my notification bar once 10 minutes have passed, meaning I can't resume play this way but instead have to navigate to and relaunch the app. If you look at the video you'll see I pause playback as my phone's clock shows 20:01; after skipping forward to 20:11, the player will automatically close and remove itself from the notification bar as a full 10 minutes have passed. Other podcast/music apps I have don't do this and the player will remain permanently active unless otherwise removed. It's Android 8.1.0 and Spotify v.8.5.86.854

Are you aware if this is a bug that can be circumvented somehow? Or is this simply the way Spotify behaves on Android and nothing can be done about it?

Many thanks!

Hey @tbcam88

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community 🙂

When you pause your music, it's expected that this notification will automatically disappear after several minutes of inactivity.

We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to pass it on to the right teams, as we always strive to improve your experience. 

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

We'll be right here if you have any other questions.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts