Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9, Dell G7 Laptop

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to play local files from my computer on my phone. I have songs saved on my computer that I would like to listen to on mobile however they're greyed out and when I try to play them, nothing happens. I have Spotify enabled in my firewall, I have Network Sharing on, and my phone and computer are on the same wifi. I don't know what the problem could be. If someone could help that would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

Hey and welcome to the Spotify community 🙂

Unfortunately, this feature has not been implemented so far. Please consider to post to the ideas board in this community, then it is most likely that the staff will notice your suggestion.

Keep rocking!

Hey there @elcoblanco1234,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd recommend heading here and checking the steps provided if your imported local files won't play on your mobile device.

You can also try adding your Local Files on your desktop in a new playlist to see if you have troubles playing it from your mobile device. Keep in mind that you'll need to switch on Download on that new playlist from your phone.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest to try a clean reinstall of Spotify on your mobile device by following the steps below:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  6. Switch your device back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts