Premium

Country

Canada

Device

One Plus 8 Pro

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I recently just bought spotify premium. I have a bunch of songs already on my phone, some are exclusive mixes that are not available on spotify. 

I am aware of the ability to create a playlist on my PC, and sync that with spotify. However, that requires DOWNLOADING the files on my phone. They are already on my phone, and as there are over 5000 songs, redownloading them is not an option.

Can spotify not just show the local music files on my phone? Like poweramp or other music players do? 

Is there a way to play my local files without having to download them on my device?

This seems like a very basic function that should be included with premium, if not I guess I wasted $9.99 but will be cancelling if they don't change this by the end of my billing period.

If there is a way to play the files that are on my phone, or to "stream" them from my PC while not on the same wifi network (ie Without having to download them)...please let me know. Thanks

1 Reply

Hey there @user-removed,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help you with information about this.

At the moment, it's not possible to upload and sync your local files on Spotify from your mobile device to your other devices. However, once you've added the local files through the desktop app, you should be able to listen and have them available for offline use on your other devices.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We'd recommend leaving a +Vote here to support the idea about being able to upload local files to the app directly through your phone.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts