Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing albums: unusable

Playing albums: unusable

Spotify @ Android cannot play albums properly, absolutely!

1. Adding album to the queue adds track in RANDOM ORDER. How can I add them in proper order? I want to listen to the albom from START to END.

2. The functions "Next/Prev Track" are disabled! Even hardward buttons on my headphones do not work. Why?

Am I missing something?

11 Replies

Are you using Spotify Free?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am using Spotify Music from Google Play Store 1.5.0.739.

My Account is Spotify Premium, from Vodafone Ireland

That is definitely weird, is shuffle definitely disabled? I'd also suggest logging out and back in again to see if that makes any difference. - Can't think of any reason those buttons should be disabled.

Peter

Shuffle is disabled.

Just tried to logout/login and reload some playlists. Next/Prev button is back again - but now Spotify keeps adding some album (automatically!), once my current album is finished, after the last song. What the ....?

And still the question remains - how can I play any album from #1?? "Add to queue" adds any album in random order.... Just added Queen's "Innuendo". First song in the queue is "Bijou", out of the blue... darn.

Was that app written by some 1st year students??

PS After some use, adding-removing songs, the nex/prev got disabled again. Nice.

HTC M8, if that matters

It definitely should play in order when you queue regardless of the shuffle setting.

I would try re-installing, something weird is going on here:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Reinstalled. No difference. It definitely can play songs according to the queue, alright. But the thing is that it puts them into the queue in some strange order, when I am asking to add the album. Here is how it added Innuendo album (see the right list in Wikipedia). And the same thing with other albums.

.Innuendo

And again, the same thing with next/prev buttons

Actually I tried that several times. The order of songs it is using in albums is random and wrong - but it is the same, every time. I do not know if it explains anything... And the nex/prev buttons...

Wondering is this being a 2 CD album is causing some weird effects. Any ideas @Daniel ?

Peter

Just in case - on my desktop (Mac) the same albums are being added to the queue correctly.

Any news about that issue?

This is odd indeed. I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts