Playing local files on an Android phone

Solved!

Playing local files on an Android phone

dentalfun
Regular

Hi

This may be a little unusual and difficult to explain, so please bear with me.

I collect a lot of individual tracks for dance training, and I used to buy mp3s and edit the album information to one massive album (>500 songs) which I could randomise. Played it through Windows Media Player on my PC when at home, transferred those local files to my Samsung Z1 compact and played them on Google Play Music through a bluetooth speaker when in a studio.

I decided to move to Spotify Premium because it would be easier to keep up with new music. Using Spotify on my PC I imported this huge album I'd created and saved it as a playlist, and started adding new music to this. All fine and I could play it off my computer.

However, when trying to use this playlist on my phone I can only play those tracks that I added to it from Spotify, not those which I imported as local files from my computer, although I have those identical files local on my phone as well. I guess it's pretty reasonable that Spotify wouldn't recognise those files files as being the same as the PC ones. 

Is there any way round this? So far the only alternative I've found is to use Google Play Premium...

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

Gottabeasin
Casual Listener

Hi - I often get this problem whenever I download music to put onto my phone. What I find works is, have both the PC and phone on the same wi-fi, and have both open. Then disable the firewall on the PC. Once you do that, it should automatically sync your local files from the PC to your phone. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

rwb7868

Sadly, this solution didn't work for me.

Solution!

kkoutalis
Casual Listener

Luckily it was a PEBKAC case for me (problem exists between keyboard and chair).

I had them on two different SSIDs. 🙂

Solution!

butttttt

THIS WORKS I DID IT TODAY!

what you have to do is add the song to your playlist on spotify and then download the playlist to your phone on the android app. it worked in five seconds. now that i posted this they will probably figure out a way to stop this from happening. gotta put up all those old juicy j songs before the update lolol!

Alex

Hi folks,

For anybody still experiencing this issue, we'd recommend heading over to this thread and following the troubleshooting steps provided in the Top Answer.

Hope this helps 🙂

40 Replies
SUGGESTED POSTS