Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing music stored on SD

Playing music stored on SD

Is it possible to play music stored in the SD card. This are song files from iTunes and CD's copied from my computer to my SD card, not downloaded from the Spotify app amd made available offline.

8 Replies

@CE_1990

It's not possible at this moment.

Spotify can import Local Files (mp3s) taken from the Desktop version, but they'll remain in it's proper cache.

You need to put Local Files in playlists and synch them to your Android. FAQ details the process.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So I went ahead ahead and created a new playlist using the method you linked to. I still have local songs saved on my computer that are greyed out in the playlist on my phone. If it makes any difference. Most of these are songs that are not available through Spotify. Would I not be able to listen to these anywhere else other than my computer or when I control music on the desktop using nearby devices on my phone?

@CE_1990

Make that playlist 'available offline' in your phone and Spotify will copy them from your computer to your phone's internal storage, so you'll be able to play them away from your computer.

osorniosSpotify Star

The playlist was already made available offline both on my phone and my computer. Could it be something else?

@CE_1990

If both devices are in the same wifi network, open Spotify in both at the same time and double check that your phone appears in the Desktop app under Devices in the left side menu.

You can click it an manage your sync from there.

osorniosSpotify Star

Okay I was able to make everything in the playlist available on both devices. One last thing though, I noticed that some songs (mostly local files on my computer) will play but there is no audio. Any reason why that might be? Other than that, thanks for your help.

@CE_1990

Good question.

Have you tried playing them in a different music player?

It may be a question of format or bitrate.

osorniosSpotify Star

Yes, I've been able to play them in the Samsung music player and PowerAMP.

Suggested posts