Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Enhance Issue

Playlist Enhance Issue

When shuffling while using the Playlist Enhance feature, the queue will have many songs doubled, i.e: a song will play twice in a row. This happens for what sometimes feels like half of the songs in the queue. Is there a reason this happens or a potential fix?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

Galaxy S21 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

Screenshot_20220412-124628_Spotify.jpg
7 Replies

Hi @c_oster!

Weird, I tried reproducing it on my end, but couldn't. Does that issue occur with just this playlist or with all enhanced playlists in general? You can try copying the contents of this playlist (the most efficient way to do that is through the desktop app with Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C) and paste them into a new one?

Feel free to also let us know what troubleshooting you've done so far so we avoid repeating the steps. If you haven't already, try clearing the app's cache and data from your phone's settings. If possible, try logging in to another device to see if the issue occurs there, or ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Interestingly enough, I cleared my cache and the issue didn't go away, and now lately it seems to have stopped happening. As far as I can tell nothing's changed.

This may be a strange one-off bug on my device but I'll update the post if it happens again and I get to try more fixes.

Hey @c_oster ,

Happy to hear it worked!

We'll be here for you if the issue occurs again to try and help you find the best solution.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, just a quick question - why am I keep getting the same songs (not always but sometimes) with enhance feature? I always push (-) when I don't like it but after some time I see it again and I don't want them to keep getting in that playlist anymore...

Thanks

Hey @Nevenzg,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Could you tell us if this is happening with other playlists?

Changing tunes, let us know if you see the same behavior when using this feature with other devices. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.  

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hello @AndresM,

yes I see this in other playlists too...btw what is the principle to enhance new songs? Maybe majority of that playlist so similar to them? For example, I have techno playlist and about 100 songs...and I keep adding more songs into it but with higher bpm...logically enhance would add new songs over time with higher bpm too if the average bpm is higher, right? Because I don't see this is happening, I keep getting always the same type of songs so I don't know how exactly it works....

Sincerely,

Neven

Hey @Nevenzg,

We base our recommendations on your existing playlist tracks and context to fit the vibe of your playlist.
The recommended songs are based on similar artists/genres but there is no way for the app to detect a track's BPM.

If you feel like this is something you'd like to see implemented though, you may post an Idea about it 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts