Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played Artists now opens the artist page instead of my library of their music that I saved.

PlanPremiumCountryU.SDeviceGalaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueRecently my spotify app updated and I notice when I use the recently played artist feature ( which I use constantly), it now opens the artist page instead of the music ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country U.S Device Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Recently my spotify app updated and I notice when I use the recently played artist feature (...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When I press skip it skips more than one tracks

When it either finsihes or is skipped it jumps 5 tracksPlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceSamsing Galaxy S10Operating System(Android 10, OneUIMy Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • When it either finsihes or is skipped it jumps 5 tracks Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Samsing Galaxy S10 Operating System (Android 10, OneUI My Question or Issue  
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Canvas toggle doesn't work

PlanPremium FamilyCountryIndonesiaDeviceRedmi 4XOperating SystemAndroid Nougat, MIUI Global 11 My Question or IssueEverytime i turn it on, the toggle automatically turns off. I tried to clear cache, clear data, reinstall, and restart the phone it doe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country Indonesia Device Redmi 4X Operating System Android Nougat, MIUI Global 11   My Question or Issue Everytime i turn it on, the toggle automatically turns off....
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution BMW iDrive integration not working 90% of the time

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUkDeviceOne plus 6tOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the Spotify integration with BMW iDrive so unreliable and broken and does not work 90% of the time. Is this feature supposed to be working or is a known i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Uk Device One plus 6t Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Why is the Spotify integration with BMW iDrive so unreliable and broken and d...
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Canvas toggle doesn't stick`

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceOneplus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I toggle to turn on canvas it just ignores the setting and turns itself back off.I should mention I've tried restarting my phone, reinstalling t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Oneplus 7 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I toggle to turn on canvas it just ignores the setting and turns its...
  • Anhured
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App stops playing at 9 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceASUS Zenfone 3MAXOperating SystemAndroid Nougat Recently, my app started to interrupt the music playing after 9 seconds elapsed. I saw some similar issues, but the solutions is always a restart the device or clean reins...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device ASUS Zenfone 3MAX Operating System Android Nougat   Recently, my app started to interrupt the music playing after 9 seconds elapsed.   ...
  • ph_sa
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 seconds
    9 seconds
    Android
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify app stays stuck on the login screen

PlanPremiumCountryUS My Question or IssueI'm trying to log in on my phone, but for whatever reason, it stays stuck on the login screen. It doesn't matter what button on the screen that I press, it doesn't do anything. I've tried reinstalling the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   My Question or Issue I'm trying to log in on my phone, but for whatever reason, it stays stuck on the login screen. It doesn't matter what button on the screen th...
  • Dian
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Just got WH-1000XM3 and Spotify crashes when doing certain Android functions.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 10+Operating SystemLatest AndroidMy Question or IssueI am on the latest android version with a Samsung Galaxy 10+. I recently purchased the Sony WH 1000XM3 headphones and Spotify started crashing when using ce...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 10+ Operating System Latest Android My Question or Issue I am on the latest android version with a Samsung Galaxy 10+. I recently purchased the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro unable to download Spotify

PlanPremiumCountry South AfricaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThe Spotify app does not seem to be available on the Samsung Galaxy Store which means I cannot download the app to my Gear Fit2 Pro. The Gear Fit ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  South Africa Device Samsung Galaxy A51 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue The Spotify app does not seem to be available on the Samsung Galaxy...
  • MelandriC93
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone updated to Android 10, now Spotify over Bluetooth issues

None of the below information is required.PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSony XZ2 CompactOperating SystemAndroid 10 (build: 52.1.A.0.618) My Question or IssueHad no problems on Monday, then my phone updated to 10. Now the play/pause button on my BT he...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. Plan Premium Country Canada Device Sony XZ2 Compact Operating System Android 10 (build: 52.1.A.0.618)   My Question or Issue Had no pro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App crash Android 10

PlanPremium FamilyCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung note 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSpotify App crashes directly after installation, cannot be used at all.We have restarted phone several times, re-installed the app several times during ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Sweden Device Samsung note 9 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify App crashes directly after installation, cannot be used at all. We ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution No Internet Connection message on several wifi connections

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 Every time I try to open the spotify app for the past several weeks, I receive the same No Internet Connection message. I have tried restarting my device, my router, contacting my ISP, clearing t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S8   Every time I try to open the spotify app for the past several weeks, I receive the same No Internet Connection message. I hav...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please! Make spotify more like the IOS app

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the IOS app so much better? It's far better on my iPhone 6. I have a screenshot of both. The main features that are missing are:- Swiping right on a so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Why is the IOS app so much better? It's far better on my iPhone 6. I have a screen...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App starts up always downloading songs, gets stuck, and Spotify stops responding for minutes.

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDevicesamsung note8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueStarting Spotify always sees it downloading 10 or 20 songs, and this causes the app to become laggy, nonplaying and generally ha...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device samsung note8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Starting Spotify always sees it downloading 10 ...
  • Serwei
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pantalla Negra Spotify Android

PlanPremium Device(Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 )Operating System(Android Pie ) My Question or IssueHola soy cliente premium he descargado Spotify en mi celular nuevo un Xiamoi Redmi Note 8 descargue la aplicación pero solo se queda en pantalla negra y no inc...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device (Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 ) Operating System (Android Pie )   My Question or Issue Hola soy cliente premium he descargado Spotify en mi celular nuevo un Xiamoi Red...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Equal Rights for Android Users

So it's not exactly equal rights but many Android users are still waiting for easily implementable gesture controls. It seems like such a simple thing that Android users are denied and it's silly. Adding on to this point, all mobile users need better...

• Not applicable
  • So it's not exactly equal rights but many Android users are still waiting for easily implementable gesture controls.    It seems like such a simple thing that Android users are denied and...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline playlist are not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Roadie
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • thai2000
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing order of playlists (NOT tracks within playlist)

Is there a way for me to rearrange my playlists in the Android app? In the desktop version it works simply via drag and drop but in the app new playlists just get randomly ordered. Example: I make monthly playlists combining all the weekly mixes for ...

• Is there a way for me to rearrange my playlists in the Android app? In the desktop version it works simply via drag and drop but in the app new playlists just get randomly ordered. Example: I make mo...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Some songs play on the laptop but not the mobile

I am using a Microsoft Surface and have a Premium account. On my Surface I am able to play all the songs in a playlist. However, when I use the app on my Huawei P20 Pro, one or two of the songs are faded out light grey and won't play. Please help!

• Visitor
  •   I am using a Microsoft Surface and have a Premium account. On my Surface I am able to play all the songs in a playlist. However, when I use the app on my Huawei P20 Pro, one or two of the son...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share my Spotify song on Instagram Stories (Android)

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippines DeviceSamsung Galaxy A50s Operating SystemAndroid 10, One UI 2.0 My Question or IssueI'm having trouble sharing my Spotify songs on IG stories for a long time now. At first I thought maybe it's because of my old HTC phon...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines    Device Samsung Galaxy A50s   Operating System Android 10, One UI 2.0   My Question or Issue I'm having trouble sharing my Spotify s...
  • Mario
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes