Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] playlists broken in Android app

I downloaded the 29/07/2021 Android update a few days ago and since then all playlists are broken in the app. I can't open my own playlists, or the Made For You playlists -- every time I try to open a playlist all I get is the "Something went wrong -...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded the 29/07/2021 Android update a few days ago and since then all playlists are broken in the app. I can't open my own playlists, or the Made For You playlists -- every time I try to open ...
  • lmcm177
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Allow song sorting in playlist

Allow different sort song dropdown selection in android mobile app playlist. This feature is currently available in desktop app, but it's not available in Android Mobile app.

• Visitor
  • Allow different sort song dropdown selection in android mobile app playlist. This feature is currently available in desktop app, but it's not available in Android Mobile app. 
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Spotify app on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ keeps freezing and stopping

I have purchased Spotify premium for over a year now and the app on my phone keeps freezing and stopping to a point where I have to force stop the app, it is really problematic especially when playing music for a crowed and I have to shut everything ...

• I have purchased Spotify premium for over a year now and the app on my phone keeps freezing and stopping to a point where I have to force stop the app, it is really problematic especially when playin...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] Play selected song after ad

If a song from the queue is selected to play but an ad is played instead, the selected song is skipped and the one following it in the queue is played instead. Please fix this.

• Music Fan
  • If a song from the queue is selected to play but an ad is played instead, the selected song is skipped and the one following it in the queue is played instead. Please fix this.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add songs to the queue with mobile data

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra)Operating System(Android 11) My Question or IssueHi!Whenever I use mobile data to play Spotify, because I don't have wifi at that moment, I am able to play playlists or albums that I haven't ev...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue Hi! Whenever I use mobile data to play Spotify, because I don't hav...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Can't see lyrics on my Android app, while I'm able on the Mac app

Plan: PremiumCountry: ArgentinaDevice: Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System: Android 10Android Spotify version: 8.6.48.796 Error:I cannot see Lyrics on my phone while I'm able to see it on the Desktop app installed on my Mac, so I assume it's an issue re...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Argentina Device: Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System: Android 10 Android Spotify version: 8.6.48.796   Error: I cannot see Lyrics on my...
  • aakarshz
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] [Podcast] Sort by Unplayed buggy behavior

I'll sort a list of podcast episodes by unplayed, then listen to one episode. Then when I return to the list of episodes, the sort is no longer applied. Waiting for any amount of time does nothing, but once I scroll for a while to find the next unpla...

• Regular
  • I'll sort a list of podcast episodes by unplayed, then listen to one episode. Then when I return to the list of episodes, the sort is no longer applied. Waiting for any amount of time does nothing, b...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ongoing Issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts restart after ads

Using Spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 5g running Android 11), I've recently been having trouble with podcasts not resuming properly after ad breaks. Instead of resuming play at the correct time point, the podcast will just go back to the begi...

• Using Spotify on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10 5g running Android 11), I've recently been having trouble with podcasts not resuming properly after ad breaks.  Instead of resuming play at the...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How come searching (songs) within playlists disapeared?

RNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 10, Samsung Galaxy 9,)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or ...

• RNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 10, Samsung Galaxy 9, ) ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Group Session buggy

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 ISSUEWhen streaming in group sessions, as session host, song changes I make are not being reflected for listeners. When I change songs, the song the listener joined the session on w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 10   ISSUE When streaming in group sessions, as session host, song changes I make are not being reflected for l...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle button missing on Android App

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceOnPlus 6Operating SystemLatest Android 10Spotify App 8.5.81.991My Question or IssueFrankly I hate the default Auto Shuffle setting in the Android App. I'd like shuffling to be my choice. Which it will be rarely as I...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device OnPlus 6 Operating System Latest Android 10 Spotify App 8.5.81.991 My Question or Issue Frankly I hate the default Auto Shuffle setting in the Androi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see lyrics on my OnePlus 5t

I can't see lyrics on my OnePlus 5tI need help I uninstall the app but I don't have that feature

• Regular
  • I can't see lyrics on my OnePlus 5t I need help I uninstall the app but I don't have that feature
  • Novy
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution app glitches / music stops

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHi, premium member for several years with no previous issues. So, when I play a song it will go for a random amount of time, sometimes 20 seconds sometimes a couple minu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 5 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hi, premium member for several years with no previous issues.  So, when I play a song&nb...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution -1 Followers Text Bug

DevicePixel 3 XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSmall text bug. Resulting in "-1 followers" Go to an artist profile for whom you follow and have liked songs. Unfollow the profile. Go to liked songs and swipe up. Under the artist and fo...

• Visitor
  • Device Pixel 3 XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Small text bug. Resulting in "-1 followers"   Go to an artist profile for whom you follow and have liked songs. ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
    Android 10
    bug
    text
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Synced offline files won't play without internet connection

Hello! Keep in mind- not a premium user. So, as said above, after I sucessfully sync files from my desktop, they won't play on my android unless there is an internet connection detected. The song names all have a green arrow next to them on my androi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Keep in mind- not a premium user.   So, as said above, after I sucessfully sync files from my desktop, they won't play on my android unless there is an internet connection ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I made a playlist from local files on my computer and can't get them on my moto g

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto G StylusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI made a playlist on my computer using local files. I want to play it on my phone. The playlist shows up but all the songs are grayed out. When I click the download b...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto G Stylus Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I made a playlist on my computer using local files.  I want to play it on my ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not working properly with Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Active2

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceNote 10+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI recently bought the Active 2 and Galaxy Buds. Initially I could control Spotify as intended using the app on the watch or the tap feature on the buds, but not long...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Note 10+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I recently bought the Active 2 and Galaxy Buds. Initially I could control Spotify as inte...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage Location

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice Galaxy 9Operating System(Android Oreo My Question or IssueStorage location reverts to internal every time th e device restarts.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country USA Device  Galaxy 9 Operating System (Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Storage location reverts to internal every time th e device restarts. 
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Loud Volume with Spotify app on Chromecast with Google TV

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceChromecast with Google TVOperating SystemUnsure but device shows up to date My Question or IssueI just connected a new Google Chromecast with Google TV to my audio/video system. All apps across the system have consistent vo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Chromecast with Google TV Operating System Unsure but device shows up to date   My Question or Issue I just connected a new Google Chromecast with Googl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not working on my Samsung Smart TV

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceSamsung Smart TV UA32N4300Operating System My Question or IssueHi Spotify Community,I'm using Samsung Smart TV UA32N4300 and Spotify app worked really fine on my TV but since the last update (26 May 2021) Spotify not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Samsung Smart TV UA32N4300 Operating System     My Question or Issue Hi Spotify Community, I'm using Samsung Smart TV UA32N4300 and Spotif...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes