Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Folders unavailable w/o connection

Playlist Folders unavailable w/o connection

When Spotify is opened when an internet connection is not available, folder contents cannot be accessed and will remain inaccessible until an internet connection is made in online mode.

Folders are greyed out 
Song count reads "Loading ..,."

Folder cannot be opened

Same behavior even if all the playlists contained by the folder are completely downloaded, as well as if the folder contains no offline files.

Here is a link to a google doc image of what greyed-out folders look like.

http://goo.gl/78EJU

The same behavior also occurs if Spotify is opened in offline mode with a connection available.

Only after Spotify has connected and synched do the folders become available offline.

Obviously, this bug makes it  (occassionally) impossible, and certainly inadvisable, to use Folders as a way to organize offline playlists.

Spotify 0.6.2.64
Android 4.1.2

Verizon Motorola XT907

T-Mobile Samsung SGH-T959

6 Replies

I can confirm this happens .0.6.4.46. Too. I'll escalate this so they can add it to their todo list.

I can't replicate this on my S3 (International).

So:

I open a folder

I open a playlist

I download said playlist

I exit Spotify and end the task

I turn on Airplane mode

I start Spotify

I can now enter the folder and access those playlists I downloaded

Did I misunderstand the bug?

Community Ergo Sum

There you go - we're just silly thinking a greyed out folder can't be opened to reveal downloaded goodness. Thanks 🙂

Hey guys!

When you go into Offline Mode you'll only be able to access your synced playlists. Do these still show up above the playlist folders section? 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

@jwylot wrote:

There you go - we're just silly thinking a greyed out folder can't be opened to reveal downloaded goodness. Thanks 🙂

Haha beat me to it. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Yes and the folders can be accessed too, even though they're greyed out.

Suggested posts