Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist crashes because album was removed from Spotify

Solved!

Playlist crashes because album was removed from Spotify

So this morning I was listening to a playlist on my HTC Inspire and all the sudden the music stopped. I thought downloading it would fix it, but it just ended up displaying 92% downloaded and I couldn't clear it. I realized the song it was crashing on was from Norah Jones Little Broken Hearts, which for some reason has been removed from Spotify (WTF). Either way, I can't listen to the music I want to, can't listen to that playlist at all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Albums are added and removed based on what the rights holder says. Often a publisher will remove an album after its been out a little while in the hope you'll love it so much that you'll rush out and buy it. Other times they'll pull an artist's back catalogue when there's a new album due.

Its all stupid, but there's nothing to accomplish by emailing spotify as they can't control it.

Better to send a message to the artist via twitter or facebook - if enough people express their dissatisfaction and they actually care about their fans maybe they'll try to get it changed!!
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I am having the exact same issue!!! Not sure why they would remove an album after its been available since its release date. The album is missing from my Norah jones playlist and won't even show up when i try to search for it. The strangest part is the the offline version on my iPhone is still there while the offline version on my iPad was wiped off. I have already sent them an email (the only way to contact apparently since there is no customer service number listed anywhere.). This makes me question the entire subscription based model for music since I don't own physical/mp3 versions of anything that's come out since I started using premium.
Marked as solution

Albums are added and removed based on what the rights holder says. Often a publisher will remove an album after its been out a little while in the hope you'll love it so much that you'll rush out and buy it. Other times they'll pull an artist's back catalogue when there's a new album due.

Its all stupid, but there's nothing to accomplish by emailing spotify as they can't control it.

Better to send a message to the artist via twitter or facebook - if enough people express their dissatisfaction and they actually care about their fans maybe they'll try to get it changed!!
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

As of yesterday the problem seems somewhat fixed in that the playlists no longer contain those songs. 

Suggested posts