Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 10

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I'm getting married in a few months. My fiance and I have gathered all the songs we wish to play.  Took days to go though and set the playlist up so that the songs play in a certain order.  So did all that work on my laptop.  But when I open the playlist on my phone the order is completely different.  Is there something I can do so the order matches all the work I did on my computer to the phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Meditrina,

welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm happy to assist you!

Please tap on the thre dots ••• on the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Then select "Sort playlist" and choose "Custom". Now it should appear in the same order as the one on your laptop.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I wish you an unforgettable day of marriage, keep rocking!

View solution in original post

Screenshot_20190630-150648.png
11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Meditrina,

welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm happy to assist you!

Please tap on the thre dots ••• on the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Then select "Sort playlist" and choose "Custom". Now it should appear in the same order as the one on your laptop.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I wish you an unforgettable day of marriage, keep rocking!

Screenshot_20190630-150648.png

That worked!  Thank you very much~!

Hi that doesn't work on my phone. I don't have 'sort' in my drop down choices. 

Hi @OllyatFCP!

The Spotify app has gone through multiple updates since then, so currently you can access the sort menu by opening the playlist and swiping down - a search bar and a Sort button should then appear at the top.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks a lot. It worked perfectly 

I still have playlist in different order on my android phone compared to windows desktop.

The custom sort on the phone doesn't change the order

I also am having the same issue. For example, I have a playlist of the entire Beatles discography, in chronological order. Just randomly while listening to the Revolver album in my car, "I Saw Her Standing There" (from the Please Please Me album) was in the place that "Yellow Submarine" was supposed to be. Looking at the playlist, the two songs are swapped, with "Yellow Submarine" as the very first song in the playlist. This is not the case on desktop, as all the songs are in the correct order. I tried changing the sorting on mobile, but it will not change back. Even manually tried moving the songs into their correct positions on mobile, and it just goes back to what I described. Very annoying.

Same phenomenon as pepe304 and stevehead1984 in my account. 

Is it a bug? 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Seems that the behavior you're describing is related to the one we're currently investigating in this thread. We'd recommend taking a look at it and if the issue described matches your cases, please send us the info we're asking for in the Status Update. That way, we can forward all your info to the right team.

We'd also suggest subscribing to that thread, so you can get notified as soon as we post any news on that behavior.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I don't think it is the same issue. The original post is about the order of playlists, the thread you suggested is about the order of songs within a playlist. 

I have the same issue as the original poster. I organise the playlists in my library into a custom order on my laptop (Mac). When I go into my library on mobile (iOS) and filter playlists by custom order, the playlists seem in a random order and do not reflect the order I made on the laptop. 

Hi @mssmith1,

Thanks for the reply. The order of playlists is currently not synchronized between desktop and phone, as both are handled differently as well. On mobile, the playlists are usually sorted by recently played, although other sorting methods are available as well.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts