Country

India

Device

Redmi Note 4

Operating System

MIUI version: 11.0.2

Android: 7.0

My Question or Issue

I have an issue with Spotify playlist search bar. When I search for an artist's discography through regular search, I can see all the songs and albums available. But the same thing if I'm searching through "playlist > search" I can't see their previous albums. It shows only upto 12 songs in an album and 12 albums for an artist. It doesn't go past that number.

I have tried a clean uninstall and restarted my phone, installed the app several times over the last 8 months but none of it works. I have reached out to Spotify support team on social media but they say it's a known issue but they never tried to resolve it.

I have logged into my account from another android phone, the issue still persists. I have also tried creating another account and adding songs into a new playlist, but that's of no use too.

IMG_20210429_150200.jpg
IMG_20210429_150230.jpg
IMG_20210429_150325.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @aarti2,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you please explain in greater detail what you mean by searching through "playlist > search"? Do you mean the Find in playlist function in Your Library>Music>Playlists? Please keep in mind that this would only bring up albums if they are saved as playlists in your collection.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Your Library>Music>Playlists>'sample playlist'>Add Songs>Search>'Artist name'>Albums/Singles>See More> from this point on, only recent 12 albums/ first 12 songs in any album are displayed. It doesn't scroll beyond that. It doesn't matter if I have saved an album or not, this has been a bug since 7–8 months. I've contacted Spotify support multiple times but sadly there was no problem solving response.

Hey @aarti2,

Thanks for getting back to us with the relevant info.

We appreciate you taking the time to report this and will take it into consideration when moving forward. We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't set a specific timeframe for when this will be changed.

For now, we recommend opening the Artist page where the whole discography is visible and adding tracks to your playlists from there.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had this problem for more than half a year 😢 And every time I contacted support from Spotify, I only got a disappointing answer.

1. I created a new account and tried the same thing, but the issue was still there.

2. I logged in from my account into another phone, the issue was still there.

Do I have to wait for more than a year? I joined Spotify because it seemed user friendly but for the last 8 months the Spotify android app has been making my task difficult. I hope your team kindly takes my request into consideration and offers a solution for me and others who have similar issue like mine. Please try to fix this issue soon 🙏

Suggested posts