Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay issue

I just purchased a 2020 Ford F-150 with Sync 3. Music plays perfectly through Bluetooth, but when plugged in via USB for CarPlay the EQ goes flat and will not allow me to change it. I am on Sync 3 version 3.4 and Spotify premium 8.5.86.739.

• Casual Listener
  • I just purchased a 2020 Ford F-150 with Sync 3. Music plays perfectly through Bluetooth, but when plugged in via USB for CarPlay the EQ goes flat and will not allow me to change it. I am on Sync 3 ve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connectivity with Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThe connectivity with my Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping. I've used two of my Bluetooth headphones and they have the same issue. The wired...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue The connectivity with my Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping. I've...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music that switches from Android Auto to smartphone.

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceHonor 10Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello,I use Spotify with Android Auto built into my vehicle.When I listen to music and switch off the ignition of the vehicle, the music switches to my phone.How to avo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country France Device Honor 10 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I use Spotify with Android Auto built into my vehicle. When I listen to music and s...
  • OUARZA
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Storage selection suddenly disappeared

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueYesterday I opened Spotify and I see that it's downloading 1.5k songs. Then I realized that I can't even select my SD as the storage anymore. This is the most frustrating thin...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung S7 Edge Operating System Android My Question or Issue Yesterday I opened Spotify and I see that it's downloading 1.5k songs. Then I realized that I can't even selec...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast listen location being forgotten - Joe Rogan

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceAndroid Car StereoOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Having been forced to download Spotify to continue to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast I am having an issue where the current lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Android Car Stereo Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   Having been forced to download S...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Other] My music cuts out when my phone or computer goes to the screensaver.

My music cuts out when my phone or computer goes to the screensaver. How do I get my Spotify to keep playing while I am not actively looking at my phone or computer?

• Visitor
  • My music cuts out when my phone or computer goes to the screensaver. How do I get my Spotify to keep playing while I am not actively looking at my phone or computer?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution JRE won't play video on mobile app

Edit: problem solved I've tried everything to fix it, made sure it was updated, turned off car mode, did a clean reinstall twice, downloaded an episode, and I still get a black screen with audio (and yes audio only is turned off). I'm trying on the m...

• Visitor
  • Edit: problem solved   I've tried everything to fix it, made sure it was updated, turned off car mode, did a clean reinstall twice, downloaded an episode, and I still get a black screen with a...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution not playing and no sound after the update

No song I choose plays, no sound, and the timer doesn't work after the version 8.5.88.883 update for AndroidPlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceCasper Via A1Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueNo song I choose plays, no sound, and the timer doe...

• Casual Listener
  • No song I choose plays, no sound, and the timer doesn't work after the version 8.5.88.883 update for Android Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Casper Via A1 Operating System Android 7.0 &nb...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution My spotify break on second song and stop

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and helpPlanFree/PremiumCountryBrazilDevice(Xiaomi Redmi Note 7)Operating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueGood Morn...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help Plan Free/Premium Country Brazil Device (Xiaomi Redmi Note 7) Operating Sy...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatic unwanted pausing

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHauwei P smart z 2019Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAfter starting a song or podcast it takes between 30 secs up to 60 secs when it just stops. I can press play again to start another "cycle" after 30-...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Hauwei P smart z 2019 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue After starting a song or podcast it takes between 30 secs up to 60 s...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files are greyed out and not playing

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceS10e and S7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLocal Files are greyed out and not playingI have tried everything listed here and still not playing:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Play-quot-local-files...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device S10e and S7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Local Files are greyed out and not playing I have tried everything listed here and st...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound on Sony Bravia 4K UR2. Search function not working

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSony Bravia 4K UR2Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHey. I have premium Spotify acc. in Sweden. Songs will play on TV but no sound coming out. My TV is a Sony Bravia 4K UR2 on Android 9. Spotify app, TVs soft...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Sony Bravia 4K UR2 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hey. I have premium Spotify acc. in Sweden. Songs will play on TV but no sound c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • keyboard
    Sony TV
    sound
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Premium member, but only shuffle play available on mobile

I'm a Premium member through a family plan. I'm using a Pixel 3, using Android version 9. I can log in just fine on my desktop and laptop and Premium shows up and works just fine. But when I log in on my Android, all of my playlists and everything ar...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Premium member through a family plan. I'm using a Pixel 3, using Android version 9.   I can log in just fine on my desktop and laptop and Premium shows up and works just fine. But when I...
  • tylerswire
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution can't sync the local files to my phone

hello,I've tried many times to listen to my local files on my phone (android) after putting them in a playlist, but they're still greyed out and I don't know what to do ?? I logged out of my account on both my phone and computer, and downloaded the p...

• Visitor
  • hello, I've tried many times to listen to my local files on my phone (android) after putting them in a playlist, but they're still greyed out and I don't know what to do ?? I logged out of my accoun...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps deleting songs from my SD card and trying to redownload to the HD

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceGalaxy 8 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThis is really annoying. My SD Card gets deleted and Spotify tries to dl to my phones HD. Also this website is really bad. Its not easy to find how to post and does not ...

•   Plan Premium Country USA  Device Galaxy 8   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue This is really annoying. My SD Card gets deleted and Spotify tries to dl ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay only plays songs from playlist

PlanPremium (family plan)CountryCanadaDeviceSamsung galaxy s7Operating SystemAndroid Nougat My Question or Issue I have a fairly large playlist, but alot of the music has gotten kind of old to me. When I use spotify nowadays, I usually let spotify ru...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium (family plan) Country Canada Device Samsung galaxy s7 Operating System Android Nougat   My Question or Issue I have a fairly large playlist, but alot of the music...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay stops working on spotify-created playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceOnePlus 8Operating SystemOxygenOS (Android 11)My Question or IssueI noticed my autoplay hasn't been working so I tried some things and got it to work again by force stopping the app and reopening it. Autoplay would then work...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device OnePlus 8 Operating System OxygenOS (Android 11) My Question or Issue I noticed my autoplay hasn't been working so I tried some things and got it to work again...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pausing randomly on all devices

PlanFree/PremiumCountryNorwayDeviceAndroid, WindowsOperating System My Question or IssueSpotify keeps pausing music randomly - this happens on my Android Phone and Windows Laptop. I have tried signing out of all devices and Uninstalled / installed ap...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Norway Device Android, Windows Operating System     My Question or Issue Spotify keeps pausing music randomly - this happens on my Android Phone and Wind...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Add to favorites button not working

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDevice(Huawei P20 LIte)Operating System(Android 9) My Question or IssueThe "Mi piace" heart-shaped button (I think it is the equivalent of the English "Add to favorites") is no longer working on the android app. Whenever i clic...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device (Huawei P20 LIte) Operating System (Android 9)   My Question or Issue The "Mi piace" heart-shaped button (I think it is the equivalent of the English ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does not react from time to time

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceSamsung S10Operating SystemAndroid 10, UI 2.5 My Question or IssueSince a few weeks my Spotify doesn't work properly. When starting up the first 10 seconds are okay. I can play songs and switch to others. After thos...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Samsung S10 Operating System Android 10, UI 2.5   My Question or Issue Since a few weeks my Spotify doesn't work properly. When starting up the ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    problem
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes