Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please Help Android Now Playing Screen Issues

Please Help Android Now Playing Screen Issues

Device: Samsung Galaxy Android Phone

I have been a premium level member since about 2012 and am experiencing an issue.  The Now Playing screen and bar do not sync with what I am playing and haven't for a couple of weeks now.  If I have a song or a podcast episode playing, it will play that song but show that a different song or podcast episode is playing on the Now Playing screen and bottom bar.  This prevents me from seeing what is being played and also it prevents me from rewinding or fast forwarding accurately.   It is really driving me nuts.  It is often saying it is playing when it is not playing and vice versa.  This issue has occurred even when I am connected to strong wifi and I have reinstalled Spotify twice in hopes that maybe it would help but to no avail.  I also am super frustrated honestly that you have no customer service number as this is the second time I am attempting to post this ticket since there was an error the first time I typed this all out.  Please advise, thank you.
1 Reply

Hey @JessicatheRobin

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you check if you still experience this after running a clean reinstall of the app on your Samsung device? We recommend this step for being more thorough than a simple reinstall in removing corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

In case you still need to contact our support team you can have a look at the different options here

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts