Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please add a "disable playback through speaker" feature

Please add a "disable playback through speaker" feature

I'm using Spotify Premium on Samsung S5 mini to stream music to my car's audio system through Bluetooth. From time to time I'm facing an annoying issue where Spotify decides to unpause when bluetooth connection to the car has been lost and starts playing music through phone's speaker. One scenario that could be reproduced is:

- Spotify is connected to the car and playing through car's audio

- I receive a call and Spotify pauses playback

- Phonecall is routed through car's audio which is unwanted so I tap "Bluetooth" on screen to speak using the phone, not the car's audio system hands free

- While being on phone, I stop, turn off the engine and leave the car

- When I end the call, Spotify resumes playing. The problem is, at that moment I'm entering a meeting room at the office or am somewhere else where music playing from my phone is less then desirable.

This issue is extremely annoying as it happens regularly and had put me in some embarassing moments.

It would be brilliant if there was a setting in Spotify which allowed to specify which output devices to use or not for music playback, or at least just disable playing through phone inbuilt speaker.

Some details just in case:

Spotify 2.6.0.813

Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800F)

Car audio headunit Alpine CDE-136BT

Thanks for taking your time to read this!

1 Reply

To post feature request, simply go to the Idea Submissions section. It's where people can post their ideas and give kudos to others' ideas. Your feature request will get more exposure over there. Hope this helps 🙂

Follow me
Please follow my Spotify Account and I will share great playlists!
Giving Kudos and Accepting As Solution really helps. Thanks 🙂
Also, please give kudos to my idea: Recharging Skips for free users through Watching Video Ads

Suggested posts