Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sony NW-ZX2 Volume issue

Hey, Guys. I am currently using Spotify on my Sony NW-ZX2. And a wired volume issue keeps buging me. The Spotify's volume is much lower then any other players. No matter what I done (toggle volume limit setting, adjust stock eq setting, adjust Spotif...

• Hey, Guys. I am currently using Spotify on my Sony NW-ZX2. And a wired volume issue keeps buging me. The Spotify's volume is much lower then any other players. No matter what I done (toggle volume li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Combine playlists Droid

What's the most efficient way to combine playlists using my android app? This has to be the most obvious feature someone would want when hosting a gathering with people with different music interests.

• Music Fan
  • What's the most efficient way to combine playlists using my android app? This has to be the most obvious feature someone would want when hosting a gathering with people with different music interests.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks randomly stop mid-way.

Spotify randomly stops tracks mid-way or won't start the next track, or plays it without sound. It's very frustrating since I run a lot. This happens over wi-fi and cellular networkSpotify version: premium with the latest update 2.6.0.813Phone: Samsu...

• Spotify randomly stops tracks mid-way or won't start the next track, or plays it without sound. It's very frustrating since I run a lot. This happens over wi-fi and cellular network Spotify version:...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline, flickering between screens, not loading on Android Samsung Galaxy S5

Spotify used to work on my Samsung Galaxy S5 but stopped about a month ago. It loads for a brief second then pops to the "Log In" screen. Without pressing anything, the app flicks between the login screen and the Playlist screen back and forth, howev...

• Regular
  • Spotify used to work on my Samsung Galaxy S5 but stopped about a month ago. It loads for a brief second then pops to the "Log In" screen. Without pressing anything, the app flicks between the login s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Data usage when saving to existing playlist but only download on WiFi

I'm using a Samsung S6 and mostly keep Spotify in offline mode to save mobile data usage.At times I do go looking for new music and mostly save these new tracks to existing playlists that I have already downloaded. When doing this it appears that Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a Samsung S6 and mostly keep Spotify in offline mode to save mobile data usage. At times I do go looking for new music and mostly save these new tracks to existing playlists that I have ...
  • Pmccowatt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data usage
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can i make so spotify always sorts after title on an android phone?

I have this thing that frostrates me. Every time i go to spotify on my phone to fine a song, i always have to change the "sort by" to title. Is there any way to put this as default?

• I have this thing that frostrates me. Every time i go to spotify on my phone to fine a song, i always have to change the "sort by" to title. Is there any way to put this as default?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Back play command on drop down window

Hi guys im wondering if you can help me. whenever I'm playing spotify on my samsung note and i pull the drop down window for quick command access the 'back' button is never there. Only the pause/play and next buttons are there. Which is annoying beca...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys im wondering if you can help me. whenever I'm playing spotify on my samsung note and i pull the drop down window for quick command access the 'back' button is never there. Only the pause/play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

We Need This Feature!!

Google just opened up Google now for Third party app commands.http://www.pcworld.com/article/2917792/androids-ok-google-voice-controls-now-let-you-shazam-a-song-start-your-car-and-more.html Please Please PLEASE add being able to launch and play music...

• Gig Goer
  • Google just opened up Google now for Third party app commands. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2917792/androids-ok-google-voice-controls-now-let-you-shazam-a-song-start-your-car-and-more.html  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with the Spotify app

Everything works fine except for the fact that music stops playing from time to time without me doing nothing (in the app it still shows the song playing, but it loses the sound). Sound comes back again after a while, but it is really anoying since t...

• Casual Listener
  • Everything works fine except for the fact that music stops playing from time to time without me doing nothing (in the app it still shows the song playing, but it loses the sound). Sound comes back ag...
  • JEiris
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    stops playing
    streaming
    Update
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect does not work on Samsung S4 Active

Hey!I got S4 Active and a Samsung tablet 10" something, but these two does not connect on Spotify connect.My tablet finds my phone, but my phone does nt find my tablet, what should I do?

• Hey! I got S4 Active and a Samsung tablet 10" something, but these two does not connect on Spotify connect. My tablet finds my phone, but my phone does nt find my tablet, what should I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there anyway to manually create the folders on the SD card?

I'm having the same problem as everyone else, i.e. Spotify won't save to the SD card. I've followed the guide, uninstalled a dozen times, rooted my phone and used 'move 2 sd' app, formatted the card in fat32, but nothing has helped. Is there any way ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having the same problem as everyone else, i.e. Spotify won't save to the SD card. I've followed the guide, uninstalled a dozen times, rooted my phone and used 'move 2 sd' app, formatted the card ...
  • Lupin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! i want a profile picture

Can't figure out how to put a profile picture with my account?

• Roadie
  • Can't figure out how to put a profile picture with my account?
  • 19st0rm56
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect for Android does not detect my Home Theatre

Hi I noticed there is Spotify App in my Home theatre smart app. I have logged in to the app from it. However from my android device Spotify Connect it does not appear is as "Available Device" Please assist

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I noticed there is Spotify App in my Home theatre smart app.  I have logged in to the app from it.  However from my android device Spotify Connect it does not appear&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I tap but nothing hapoens.

Clearly a newbie. Xperia M2 android higher than 4 atleast..I open ap . Search for my music. Tap on a son title and .. Nothing happens..And the radio function is not in my taste. start a radio based on album. Then it choose other artists!! Mayby it is...

• Clearly a newbie. Xperia M2 android higher than 4 atleast.. I open ap . Search for my music. Tap on a son title and .. Nothing happens.. And the radio function is not in my taste. start a radio b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Searching unsyncs downloads

Every time I search for any term, the downloaded playlists are automatically reset and are downloaded again.I can reproduce this on a Nexus 4, running Android 5.1.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I search for any term, the downloaded playlists are automatically reset and are downloaded again. I can reproduce this on a Nexus 4, running Android 5.1.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect does not work on Android

Spotify Connect button starts blinking (green) but connection to Gramofon fails, the Connect button does not become green but becomes grey again.

• Spotify Connect button starts blinking (green) but connection to Gramofon fails, the Connect button does not become green but becomes grey again.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I'm being forced to buy premium in order to listen to my playlists. Had this problem for 24,heard now, making my regret I ever got Spotify.... Help

• I'm being forced to buy premium in order to listen to my playlists. Had this problem for 24,heard now, making my regret I ever got Spotify.... Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Help saving to SD Card

I have an Android Galaxy 4s and I'm new to Spotify. I'm wanting to download it to the SD on my phone so I can listen to my music anywhere. How can I do this?

• I have an Android Galaxy 4s and I'm new to Spotify.  I'm wanting to download it to the SD on my phone so I can listen to my music anywhere.  How can I do this?
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes