Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App makes my phone Frozen/Unresponsive over and over!!!!

I don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but its a serious problem for me. Almost once every few minutes Spotify makes my phone completely freeze! It happens only if I skip a part of a song, or move through my tracks to fast. I know its going ...

• I don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but its a serious problem for me.   Almost once every few minutes Spotify makes my phone completely freeze!  It happens only ...
  • jasonmasque
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

no longer have Facebook, how do I log in?

I originally logged into Spotify with Facebook. I no longer have facebook. How can I log in? I tried to create a new profile but it says my email is already in use.

• I originally logged into Spotify with Facebook. I no longer have facebook. How can I log in? I tried to create a new profile but it says my email is already in use.
  • Molis83
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android powers down and restarts when I try playing a song

Hello, I have a Motorola Droid Razr M (android version 4.1.2) running the latest version of spotify (2.9.0.890) and this issue started ever since I updated to this version of spotify. When I am connected to bluetooth on my 2013 Ford Escape, I am unab...

• Hello,   I have a Motorola Droid Razr M (android version 4.1.2) running the latest version of spotify (2.9.0.890) and this issue started ever since I updated to this version of spotify. When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bluetooth
    droid razr m
    motorola
    shut down
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm Android app updated, scrobbling Spotify et al now

Yesterday an update of the official Last.fm Android app was released in the AppStore:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.last.androidYou can scrobble Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer, Rdio, Google Play et al with an offline scrobble cache now...

• Roadie
  • Yesterday an update of the official Last.fm Android app was released in the AppStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fm.last.android You can scrobble Spotify, SoundCloud, Deezer,...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • last.fm for android
    offline scrobble cache
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Really don't like the new design in landscape!

Hi guys, I love the new desgin when in portrait mode however it looks aweful and disjointed in landscape, I primarily use spotify on my android headunit which is obvously always in landscape mode and the athstetics and usablity have decreased conside...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi guys, I love the new desgin when in portrait mode however it looks aweful and disjointed in landscape, I primarily use spotify on my android headunit which is obvously always in landscape mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs stopping after 1 1/2 songs - not streaming properly

I have Spotify premium and when I go to any of my playlists and play a song, it only plays for about 4-5 minutes and then it abruptly STOPS, not pauses, but fully stops and I need to go back into my playlist and either select the song to play from th...

• I have Spotify premium and when I go to any of my playlists and play a song, it only plays for about 4-5 minutes and then it abruptly STOPS, not pauses, but fully stops and I need to go back into my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Selective Offline save

I should be able to save my songs offline on certain devices only if I want. I don't want to dump everything offline onto my laptop, but just onto my phone. Is there a way to do this?

• I should be able to save my songs offline on certain devices only if I want. I don't want to dump everything offline onto my laptop, but just onto my phone. Is there a way to do this?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • idea
    Offline Access
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode or my phone's Airplane mode makes me login?

Hi, I'm having a major issue with this app. I have Premium and loaded the Amazon app on my blackberry z30. The app itself works well, however, I'm leaving for a fishing trip up north where there will be no internet available (at all) and I have a wei...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having a major issue with this app. I have Premium and loaded the Amazon app on my blackberry z30. The app itself works well, however, I'm leaving for a fishing trip up north where there will...
  • whistlerpat
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No one wants to listen to interviews while shuffle playing

Maybe make some kind of tag for interviews and either ask the user if the want to add the interveiws to their shuffle play or just disclude them.

• Casual Listener
  • Maybe make some kind of tag for interviews and either ask the user if the want to add the interveiws to their shuffle play or just disclude them.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • idea
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No connection to the internet wlan

HiSince one week I can't connect to the internet with the Spotify app. But it works over the mobile network. I tryed all what stands here but it didn't helped. I tryed to reinstall the app, to restart the router and to restart my mobile. I become in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Since one week I can't connect to the internet with the Spotify app. But it works over the mobile network. I tryed all what stands here but it didn't helped. I tryed to reinstall the app, to rest...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading

Hi,I can't seem to use my debit card to upgrade to premium- it just days enter a valid credit card number. Do I have to have a credit card to upgrade?

• Hi, I can't seem to use my debit card to upgrade to premium- it just days enter a valid credit card number. Do I have to have a credit card to upgrade?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't follow artists anymore

I used to be able to follow artist but now i cant. I can follow people i know connected on Facebook but when i go to follow artists it will show "followed" but then i go back to "your music" then to "artist" and i see the same artist that i just had ...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to follow artist but now i cant. I can follow people i know connected on Facebook but when i go to follow artists it will show "followed" but then i go back to "your music" then to ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Cant follow artists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download songs have to be re downloaded almost weekly.

Hi, Can you please tell me if its normal that my downloaded playlists have to be re-downloaded almost weekly. I have them downloaded on my tablet and have been in the country only to find I must connect to the internet and download the songs again. C...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Can you please tell me if its normal that my downloaded playlists have to be re-downloaded almost weekly. I have them downloaded on my tablet and have been in the country only to find I must conn...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.9.0)

What's new in this version (2.9.0) New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.9.0)   New: We've made our notifications and home screen widget work beautifully with TalkBack.
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Update to 3.0.0.1124, but no new design

I got updated to the new 3.0.0.1124 today and according to the release notes there is supposed to be a new design. It still looks the same for me and many others. Does this get rolled out independet from the app version or is there something wrong wi...

• Roadie
  • I got updated to the new 3.0.0.1124 today and according to the release notes there is supposed to be a new design. It still looks the same for me and many others. Does this get rolled out indepe...
  • ZanePacker
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

My Spotify on a Android 4.4.4 has been working for months, but since the latest release is installed, it feels to be offline.The 1st times killing and reopening the app was enough to get it connected, now there's no more way.Reinstalling and clearing...

• Music Fan
  • My Spotify on a Android 4.4.4 has been working for months, but since the latest release is installed, it feels to be offline. The 1st times killing and reopening the app was enough to get it connect...
  • hanslowbot
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

VERY SLOW on my Samsung Note 4!

For the amount of money I pay for this app in a year, this sucker should work way better! all of a sudden its slow and laggin all the time! PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• For the amount of money I pay for this app in a year, this sucker should work way better! all of a sudden its slow and laggin all the time! PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't go online when on home wifi

Anyone else? Works on laptop app on WiFi. Works on other WiFi networks. IPhone 5 works fine. Just started last week. Moto x 2014. 5.0.2

• Regular
  • Anyone else? Works on laptop app on WiFi. Works on other WiFi networks. IPhone 5 works fine. Just started last week. Moto x 2014. 5.0.2
  • Jcullinan09
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 5.0.2
    moto x 2014
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs randomly stop playing in the middle of the track

Hi. I just recently signed up for premium on the 3 month promo. I was previously on Google Play Music.Running Spotify on my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0, non rooted & stock. Basically the problem is as follows. I will have some song playing and then it...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I just recently signed up for premium on the 3 month promo. I was previously on Google Play Music. Running Spotify on my Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0, non rooted & stock.   Bas...
  • c2q
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes