Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant requirement for login when offline mode on my device - annoying

DescriptionWhen I have my phone in offline mode, it constantly requires me to log in, most times losing all downloaded songs. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I have my phone in offline mode, it constantly requires me to log in, most times losing all downloaded songs.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We ...
  • davemcm
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

next/previous not working on android wear on lg urbane

I am using Spotify on my Galaxy S3, and via my watch (LG Urbane) running google wear, when I swipe right to get the options, volume up/down works, but next/previous does not. Is this a known issue?

• I am using Spotify on my Galaxy S3, and via my watch (LG Urbane) running google wear, when I swipe right to get the options, volume up/down works, but next/previous does not.   Is this a known...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Unlimited on Android - Shuffle Play

Hi, I've just bought a new Android phone and have been looking forward to using my Spotify Unlimited on it. However, I can't seem to remove the Shuffle Play. Is there any way I can do this on Unlimited?

• Regular
  • Hi, I've just bought a new Android phone and have been looking forward to using my Spotify Unlimited on it.  However, I can't seem to remove the Shuffle Play.  Is there any way I can do thi...
  • HR27
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play online or offline on android app

Hi guys, Apologies if this has been posted before, I've tried to have a look, but it seems the problems I'm encountering seem to differ a little from the others I've seen. I have Spotify Premium installed on Android (Sony Xperia Z2) but it seems ever...

• Hi guys,   Apologies if this has been posted before, I've tried to have a look, but it seems the problems I'm encountering seem to differ a little from the others I've seen.   I have Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

discover playlist

Would be good if spotify created a playlist with 'suggested' tracks, instead of having either too narrow a choice of tracks if I choose artist radio, or having to continuously tap and tap to browse suggestions. In short: like the 'flow' functionality...

• Would be good if spotify created a playlist with 'suggested' tracks, instead of having either too narrow a choice of tracks if I choose artist radio, or having to continuously tap and tap to browse s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help with 2 people

I would like to know how my husband and I can share the same playlis with listening and adding songst, but have 2 different phones, and 2 separate accounts?

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to know how my husband and I can share the same playlis with listening and adding songst, but have 2 different phones, and 2 separate accounts?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with songs / artists

Hi, i write from chile to ask a question, why there are songs / artists that are available on computer and on my phone are not available ? . An example of this is what happens with the band Tiro de Gracia , which is available on the computer but not ...

• Hi, i write from chile to ask a question, why there are songs / artists that are available on computer and on my phone are not available ? . An example of this is what happens with the band Tiro de G...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share on Twitter.

I cannot share songs on Twitter from Android. I've tried disconnecting from the desktop app and reconnecting, but no luck. Also, looked up any possible solutions but the posts that I found are more than a year old.Any ideas?

• I cannot share songs on Twitter from Android. I've tried disconnecting from the desktop app and reconnecting, but no luck. Also, looked up any possible solutions but the posts that I found are more t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Sharing on Twitter
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Now playing" bar in bottom screen disapears

Randomly the "Now playing" bar at the bottom of the Spotify screen disapears. If I touch another track it may apear again, but not always. I have had this issue before on my Galaxy S4, but after I started to use Heos with Spotify Connect it happens a...

• Randomly the "Now playing" bar at the bottom of the Spotify screen disapears. If I touch another track it may apear again, but not always. I have had this issue before on my Galaxy S4, but after I st...
  • Henkpieter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing offline mp3's on Android

Hello everyone! I hope somebody can help me out. I've got some mp3's stored on my computer, and added them to a playlist on the Spotify-app on my computer. I can now play them on my computer. If I open the same playlist on my Android-phone or -tablet...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone!   I hope somebody can help me out. I've got some mp3's stored on my computer, and added them to a playlist on the Spotify-app on my computer. I can now play them on my computer...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Share song in Spotify with non-Facebook users

Hello When i want to share a song with one of my friends who i'm following him and is a non-Facebook user, i can't share the song by entering his username and all people who are shown to me, are the friends in my Facebook account which i've synced wi...

• Hello   When i want to share a song with one of my friends who i'm following him and is a non-Facebook user, i can't share the song by entering his username and all people who are shown to me,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify only repeats one song

I want to listen to a playing, but Spotify only plays one song all the time, when I switch it plays only the song I switched to.I have got Spotify Free

• Casual Listener
  • I want to listen to a playing, but Spotify only plays one song all the time, when I switch it plays only the song I switched to. I have got Spotify Free
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problems
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not log in IOS and Android.

Hi I can not log in to Spotify after installing the app. To reproduce:Install SpotifyAttempt to launch Spotify.Log inWrite username and PasswordPress Log inLog in is not possibleSystem information: Mobile (Android):Modelnumber: LG-E460 (LG Optimus L7...

• Regular
  • Hi I can not log in to Spotify after installing the app.   To reproduce: Install Spotify Attempt to launch Spotify. Log in Write username and Password Press Log in Log in is not possibl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

A media player should play media as requested

I have: 1. Downloaded playlists onto my device.2. Gone into offline mode now.3. Disabled data from my phone. Mobile data is deactivated and wifi is off. I'm not in flight mode so I can get phone calls. I start playing an offline playlist from the 3rd...

• Roadie
  • I have:   1. Downloaded playlists onto my device. 2. Gone into offline mode now. 3. Disabled data from my phone. Mobile data is deactivated and wifi is off. I'm not in flight mode so I can g...
  • EarlPurple
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Off line songs too much space???

So I downloaded around 145 songs for off line listening. This takes like 2.4GB in extreme quality. However, I've read in some forums that extreme quality songs take like 2.4 Mb per minute, so 2.4 GB for 145 songs wouldn't make any sense. I want to kn...

• Regular
  • So I downloaded around 145 songs for off line listening. This takes like 2.4GB in extreme quality. However, I've read in some forums that extreme quality songs take like 2.4 Mb per minute, so 2.4 GB ...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A multitude of issues and problems with Android app - and a possible solution for me

I've been avoiding posting on this forum as I've been hoping that Spotify would sort out my issues via email as I'd searched the forums and there didn't seem to be any fixes for the problems I was having . However, I first emailed Spotify on 14 June ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been avoiding posting on this forum as I've been hoping that Spotify would sort out my issues via email as I'd searched the forums and there didn't seem to be any fixes for the problems I was ha...
  • tahirk
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Wired headset button priority

Hello, can someone please advice on how to forbid Spotify from using the wired headset button (Bose IE2)? When the phone (SGS5 on KitKat) is in my pocket, I'm used to press headset button to start PowerAMP. The moment I install Spotify it takes the p...

• Hello, can someone please advice on how to forbid Spotify from using the wired headset button (Bose IE2)? When the phone (SGS5 on KitKat) is in my pocket, I'm used to press headset button to start Po...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Restoring saved music after flashing new rom

Hello My music is stored on my sd card but after flashing a new rom (wiping cache), Spofity doesn't seems to find the files on the sd card. I have to download every single track again ... Is there a solution for this, or is this normal? Thanks. Fred

• Hello   My music is stored on my sd card but after flashing a new rom (wiping cache), Spofity doesn't seems to find the files on the sd card. I have to download every single track again ... &...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Control spotify on android from PC via bluethoot

I have a PC and a samsung galaxy S4 and i want to be able to remotely control my spotify app on my phone VIA bluethoot from my pc. is this possible?

• Visitor
  • I have a PC and a samsung galaxy S4 and i want to be able to remotely control my spotify app on my phone VIA bluethoot from my pc. is this possible?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing albums/artists/songs only on android device

This issue just occured today. Only one album which I added today on a desktop PC is in my mobile device library. All other albums/songs/artists do not come up im 'my music' on my HTC M8 with spotify v 2.6.0.813. If I add a new album on the desktop o...

• Regular
  • This issue just occured today.  Only one album which I added today on a desktop PC is in my mobile device library. All other albums/songs/artists do not come up im 'my music' on my HTC M8 with s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes