Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

please help: spotiify stopped working on my android smartphone

Today I coudn't start spotify on my phone anymore. Every time I try to open it, the (black) screen freezes and the phone restarts itself after a while. I guess this problem started after the last update. Last week it was working fine. I tried already...

• Casual Listener
  • Today I coudn't start spotify on my phone anymore. Every time I try to open it, the (black) screen freezes and the phone restarts itself after a while. I guess this problem started after the last upd...
  • Liansp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My playlists are not updating on my Android

My playlists have stopped updating and I can't see new ones I've added or even new songs I've added to older playlist. I tried upgrading to the preview version today and even upgraded to latest firmware to see if that fixed it, but unfortunately it d...

• Regular
  • My playlists have stopped updating and I can't see new ones I've added or even new songs I've added to older playlist. I tried upgrading to the preview version today and even upgraded to latest firmw...
  • grsbanks
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist 0 songs,won't load playlist upon app open

Hi, Moto G 4G (UK - tesco)Android 4.4.4 moto stockSpotify 2.7.0.883 Upon opening the app, I find my starred playlist is showing 0 songs (usually 85 songs). Pressing on playlist brings up the spinning green wheel. Clicking around on a few other playli...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,   Moto G 4G (UK - tesco) Android 4.4.4 moto stock Spotify 2.7.0.883   Upon opening the app, I find my starred playlist is showing 0 songs (usually 85 songs). Pressing on playlist ...
  • sirdarkghost
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play my downloads

Samsung s 5 can't play downloads over 150

• Visitor
  • Samsung s 5 can't play downloads over 150
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files do not sync on Nexus 9

Hi, my tablet won't sync local music files with my PC. I managed to do it with my Samsung S3 but on the Nexus 9 it says Waiting to download.I'm connected on the same network with my three devices.

• Hi, my tablet won't sync local music files with my PC. I managed to do it with my Samsung S3 but on the Nexus 9 it says Waiting to download. I'm connected on the same network with my three devi...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect not working

Hi!I've got Spotify Premium and on my Android device I can see the symbol in the bottom right corner of "Now playing" that takes me to a screen that says "Connect let's you play and connect Spotify on your devices. If another device becomes available...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi! I've got Spotify Premium and on my Android device I can see the symbol in the bottom right corner of "Now playing" that takes me to a screen that says "Connect let's you play and connect Spoti...
  • puckie87
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

S4 lollipop spotify fails to open every time I open it.

Every time i open spotify it says it failed to start and asks if i want to report which i have, has been an issue for a week now, was wondring what it is i may need to fix? fresh install the whole bit

• Every time i open spotify it says it failed to start and asks if i want to report which i have, has been an issue for a week now, was wondring what it is i may need to fix? fresh install the whole bit
  • sodapop808
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 2.7.0.883

Dear team.Recently I updated my Spotify app on Android, buy every time when I open it the app gets freeze and reboot my phone.I tried uninstalling and deleting temps and phone but there's no solution yet.I wonder if premium users had special support ...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear team. Recently I updated my Spotify app on Android, buy every time when I open it the app gets freeze and reboot my phone. I tried uninstalling and deleting temps and phone but there's no ...
  • caranegus
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sound problem

Hello, For some reason spotify's sound get lowered on my phone( like when you get a notification) , it can be like that until next song or 10 sec. I haven't seen any pattern, first I thought it was due to I was running it in my car ( connected to my ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,    For some reason spotify's sound get lowered on my phone( like when you get a notification) , it can be like that until next song or 10 sec. I haven't seen any pattern, first I...
  • HatfieldScarlet
  • Gig Goer
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Keeps Skipping

Recently I've noticed that Spotify has been skipping on nealy every song, on all devices I have it installed on (iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy SIII, and an old HTC Rhyme that I have connected to my WiFi to listen to when I'm showering since I don't care if ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I've noticed that Spotify has been skipping on nealy every song, on all devices I have it installed on (iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy SIII, and an old HTC Rhyme that I have connected to my WiFi to ...
  • jabeorwhat
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

KEEPS CRASHING - IN NEED OF HELP

I am a Spotify premium user and have been for over a year now. Recently when listening to music it will get about half way into the song and then crash. The app closes and i have to re open it for it to start playing again. I have tried all solutions...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify premium user and have been for over a year now. Recently when listening to music it will get about half way into the song and then crash. The app closes and i have to re open it for it...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sort Playlists?

Hi,I'm a premium user (I don't know if that matter in a case) on Android's Spotify and have loads of albums saved as playlists.I would like to be able to sort them for example by name, artist, album, year or whatever,but it seems there's no option to...

• Hi, I'm a premium user (I don't know if that matter in a case) on Android's Spotify and have loads of albums saved as playlists. I would like to be able to sort them for example by name, artist, ...
  • kj979
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

dejay 2 settings

How do I get my playlist on DJ 2? & what are optimal Spotify /dj 2 settings for best sound & no skipping?

• How do I get my playlist on DJ 2? & what are optimal Spotify /dj 2 settings for best sound & no skipping?
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Sound Quality
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why bother with premium

Hi. I've always been a premium member. However every so often Spotify undownloads all the music I've downloaded for no apparent reason. I have never failed on payments. Now this latest time I have lost a load of playlists which I carefully built up t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I've always been a premium member. However every so often Spotify undownloads all the music I've downloaded for no apparent reason. I have never failed on payments. Now this latest time I have lo...
  • Mattosaurus
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy S3

Hey everybodyI hope sombody can help me because I dont know what to do.In the last four weeks my downloaded songs disappered 3 times but idont know why.Please help me because Im really tired of downloading all my Songs anouther time!Thank you

• Hey everybody I hope sombody can help me because I dont know what to do. In the last four weeks my downloaded songs disappered 3 times but idont know why. Please help me because Im really tired of...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify background problem.

I have spotify running on android 4.4.2. Is it normal that when i have it on backround it silences all the other apps? I mean, if i receive a call i cant listen even if spotify stops playing music. same thing with other apps like radio app or music a...

• I have spotify running on android 4.4.2. Is it normal that when i have it on backround it silences all the other apps? I mean, if i receive a call i cant listen even if spotify stops playing music. s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Whilst your stupid app was too busy doing its own agenda to search the song I wanted

Gave me "something went wrong" error twice after I dared to switch off "offline" mode to look up a song to play. Then closed it and opened it again and it went into its usual non-responsive "**bleep** what you want to do, I'm too busy doing my own **...

• Roadie
  • Gave me "something went wrong" error twice after I dared to switch off "offline" mode to look up a song to play.   Then closed it and opened it again and it went into its usual non-responsive ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (2.6.0)

What's new in this version (2.6.0) New: Play Spotify in your Android Auto equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible Android phone and you're ready to roll. Note: There is a new version in the Play Store with a jump from 2.5 to 2.6 but the changelog...

ReleaseNotesAnd.jpg
  • Community Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.6.0)   New: Play Spotify in your Android Auto equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible Android phone and you're ready to roll.   Note: ...
  • sbrucherseifer
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Release Notes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not opening in Android Lollipop

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description Spotify no longer working on Nexus 5 with newly updated Android Lollipop Spotify worked perfectly on my Nexus 5... however, once I upgraded to 5.0 lollipop and tried using it, it comes up to a screen that's blank...

•  === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Spotify no longer working on Nexus 5 with newly updated Android Lollipop Spotify worked perfectly on my Nexus 5... however, once I upgraded ...
  • SWEcobra1
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 2 likes