NEXT STEP

Podcast restarts after playing ad

Podcast restarts after playing ad

Plan - Premium

Country - USA

Device - Pixel 5

Operating System - Android

My Question or Issue

If I am in the middle of a podcast and an ad starts playing (on JRE for instance), the podcast will restart at the beginning once the ad is complete. This is really frustrating for longer podcasts because it is difficult to find my place again. This happens about once every three podcasts or so.

51 Replies

Facing same issue on a Moto X4. Also for the error while trying to post this first time.

Definitely not a premium experience. Will be cancelling.

I am encountering this issue on Galaxy S10 with Android 11 app version 8.6.78.266.

After reading through the other replies I am astounded by the onus placed on paying customers to troubleshoot the issue.

It's bad enough that we are getting ads during podcasts as paying customers, but now you want us to perform absurdly extensive troubleshooting?

I hate spotify but it's the only way to listen to JRE now. Fk this.

I've done everything they've asked for and more. 

Literally spent hours debugging this for them. 

They will reply for a little while, feigning interest in actually solving your problem.  Eventually they will stop replying, and you will stop complaining, but the problem never gets fixed. 

But you will continue to pay your monthly fee like I do. 

Like a complete and utter fool.

I have the EXACT ISSUES. My Husband has Spotify Premium and listens to JRE and he doesn't EVER get ads while listening. I get stopped about 3 minutes in and have to FFW through them. Sometimes it gets glitchy and starts the pod cast completely over. When I try to resume my place and hit the exact moment the ads are placed, then try to skip them again... same thing happens. 

This is frustrating as a paying customer on a podcast that Spotify hosts should I have to deal with this. 

I also am experiencing this issue.

hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We'd like to investigate this further.

Can you log in on another device to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

If you haven't already, we also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in this thread.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I deleted every trace of spotify on my phone and deleted temp files, cache
etc. Then reinstalled it. After that... the issue seems to be resolved!

Hey @Germz08171970,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi I am having the same issue except I am a Spotify premium member I do not get ads however, every time I click back into the app it resets back to 1:11 on my podcast(see attachment). I have tried doing the clean reset and that did not work. This issue started occurring yesterday when I set Spotify up on my new iPhone . Any advice?

Hey @Gtscibek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

As you already did some basic troubleshooting, we need more information to keep investigating what is happening.

Would you mind checking if this happens using the Web Player instead of the mobile app?

Also, could you check in a different device to see if it makes any difference? With this, we can take a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Or make the app better in general across all platforms?? The apps on devices like PlayStation don’t even have video ? surely you should be offering a better product than YouTube since you have adds / a pay wall 

I had the same issue, even without skipping the add my podcast will restart. The podcast was downloaded to my phone, I use a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra and I've started having this issue 5 to 10 times in the last few weeks. It happens when I try to skip adds but not every time I skip, and it will happen if there isn't even an add. I pay for a service so I don't have to listen to adds, if I can't even skip the add without the podcast restarting then I'm going to cancel my subscription and move to a different service. After seeing how many customers are experiencing this issue across multiple years I don't think Spotify cares enough about its customers to allocate the proper resources to resolve the issue. 

Suggested posts