Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to listen to podcasts on my phone at 3x speed there's usually a very annoying crackling noise on top. I figured it was because of the buffering but it doesn't go away when I download episodes either. This is one of the main things keeping me from using Spotify as my preferred podcast app, if anyone knows how to fix this I would be very glad.

9 Replies

Greetings @Skellingtor97 ,

Sorry to hear of your issue. Have you tried it on another device yet? Let me know if it happens on another device!

Glad to help

No, it only happens on my phone and nowhere else

hi @Skellingtor97 

Since that is the case, this is now isolated to your specific phone issue as it doesnt happen on other devices. Maybe need to get your phone checked for the new year ? :))

I think I'll just keep using Pocket Casts in this case 😄

I've given up on this issue but for curiosity I tried to play a podcast at 3x on my mom's phone (Xiaomi Mi 9T) and the clipping noise was still there. This is definitely on Spotify's end.

Hey there @Skellingtor97,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

So we can take a closer look on what's happening, it'd be helpful if you could let us know some additional details on what's happening, for example:

• The URL of the podcast this is happening on or if this is happening on all podcasts
  • The version of the app you're on
  • Does this happen when using Connect or when streaming directly through the app?
  • Can you reproduce this when speeding up with a different speed?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello! Thanks for keeping up with this issue!

• This happens with all podcasts. Sometimes there's no issue, but it's happened on all podcasts I've listened to on Spotify.
  • The version I have installed now is 8.5.44.0
  • This happens only when streaming directly through my mobile app. There's no issue on both Connect and the desktop app.
  • This only happens on 3x speed. Other speeds play without issues.

Hey again @Skellingtor97,

Thanks for sharing these details!

You mention in a previous message that you tried to reproduce this on a different device. Just to confirm, were you logged in with a different account when this happened?

If you haven't tried that already, it might be a good idea logging in using a different account to see if you can reproduce this issue.

If a different account helps, you might want to start over with a brand new account - there's steps on how to do this in this Spotify Answer

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I used my same account on the other device, but I had a previous account before creating my current one last October. I can't remember if the issue was present then, but it likely was.

You have test accounts for checking on playback issues, no? If you could PM me one of them I could check to see if the issue is present in one of them.

Suggested posts