Premium

Country

USA

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10e)

Operating System

(Android version 11)

My Question or Issue

So recently Spotify has started randomly stopping podcast episodes and when I go to try and resume it, the episode screen looks as if I never started it in the first place. The timer has reset and hitting play pretty much starts the episode over, if it starts at all. I usually have to close out the app entirely and restart it. It will inevitably happen again. Also, sometimes after it has moved on to the next episode, the previous one still shows on the screen.

I have a similar problem using it on my Galaxy tablet. On the tablet, there's a small preview of the episode in the lower left corner with play controls, next to the library/list of podcasts. It will usually never be showing what is actually playing, so I can't use the sleep timer to stop at the end of the episode unless I close out and restart so the right episode is showing.

• This all only started happening in the last month or so. I made sure Spotify is updated on both devices. Anyone else dealing with this??
4 Replies

Took a photo of one of the things I'm seeing. I labeled what's currently playing and what it's showing me. It still shows the previous episode playing.

Screenshot_20210531-102134_Spotify.jpg

Hey there @sarcasmsign

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on both devices? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their account using any of your devices to see if they can replicate this?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Does a "clean install" wipe out data? (playlists, etc..)

Hey there @heycmonnow

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

No worries, the clean reinstall won't affect your playlists. You'll only need to log back in to your account and re-download your tunes. 

Hope this help. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts