Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download folder full of small files named 'com.spotify.music_xxxx'

Solved!

Download folder full of small files named 'com.spotify.music_xxxx'

Hello, 

recently noticed Spotify created a ton of small files in my download folder, creating a mess to find my actual downloads. They are named com.spotify.music_xxxx. 

My file browser categorize them as icons, but I can't open them to check that. Anyway, I haven't seen any option in the app to prevent that or to change the folder to save these so-called icons. Has anyone noticed that before?

Thank you 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 13

Screenshot_20231011-121150.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't getting notifications on this forum.

The problem isn't Spotify but another app called AutoNotification which creates these icons. Need to check for a solution somewhere else. Thank you for your help !

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @mat4444,

Thanks for reaching out. If you haven't already, try performing a clean reinstall, that should remove the files and upon reinstall, they will hopefully all be contained within the app directory itself. 

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your reply.

The clean reinstall deleted these files from the download folder. I'll check in the coming days if they're coming back or if they get contained in the Android/Data folder.

The files reappeared in the download folder a few days after the clean reinstall. Any other idea? 

Hi @mat4444,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to use any storage management and/or cache optimization apps? If so, could you try excluding Spotify from those and seeing if this fixes the issue?

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't getting notifications on this forum.

The problem isn't Spotify but another app called AutoNotification which creates these icons. Need to check for a solution somewhere else. Thank you for your help !

Suggested posts