Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Enhance button was so much better than "smart shuffle"

It was a simple toggle button on your playlist and you could clearly see the songs that were added. It was intuitive and useful, so of course Spotify had to go and ruin it. Now, with smart shuffle, the user has to figure out where are these added son...

• Regular
  • It was a simple toggle button on your playlist and you could clearly see the songs that were added. It was intuitive and useful, so of course Spotify had to go and ruin it.   Now, with smart s...
  • Bobsagget97
  • 19 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution Equalizer turns off alone on my phone

I turn on the equalizer and when the next song starts i have to turn it on again

• Visitor
  • I turn on the equalizer and when the next song starts i have to turn it on again
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App randomly switching to devices not linked to the account or even in the same location.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceOnePlus 9 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueToday my app started to play music I do not normally listen to and started streaming to a device not linked to my account or is even in this location. I logged out o...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device OnePlus 9 Pro Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Today my app started to play music I do not normally listen to and star...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Sync: With Samsung Galaxy S2

I've been trying sync local tracks from my Mac to my Droid but I cannot even get my phone to show in the spotify app when syncing over the local Wi-Fi network. I currently live on campus at college and I've had the same problems when living back home...

• I've been trying sync local tracks from  my Mac to my  Droid but  I cannot even get my phone to show in the spotify app when syncing over the local Wi-Fi network.    I curr...
  • DanielDaan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now.

If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

• Visitor
  • If you have the file on your computer you can import it.
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Por qué no puedo hacer descargas de canciones?

Hola al momento de querer descargar una lista de reproducción o álbum me aparece como inciando pero no se descarga ningún archivo, que puedo hacer?

• Visitor
  • Hola al momento de querer descargar una lista de reproducción o álbum me aparece como inciando pero no se descarga ningún archivo, que puedo hacer? 
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify App loads forever on Android 12

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands / SwitzerlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21 5G / SM-G991B/DSOperating SystemAndroid 12 / One UI 4.0 My Question or IssueIn short: Spotify app isn't usable on this device. Since approx. 1 week I'm not able to search or play son...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands / Switzerland Device Samsung Galaxy S21 5G / SM-G991B/DS Operating System Android 12 / One UI 4.0   My Question or Issue In short: Spotify app isn't us...
  • PPG15
  • Casual Listener
  • 37 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 12
    bug
  • 37 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts aren't accessible

I recently downloaded spotify, and when I search for podcasts, nothing shows up. When I click a link to a podcast, the home page of spotify shows up

• Visitor
  • I recently downloaded spotify, and when I search for podcasts, nothing shows up. When I click a link to a podcast, the home page of spotify shows up
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to stop the app from launching on start up?

Every time I reboot my phone, spotify pops up, but it never even loads properly unless I close app and launch if again, that aside I do not want it to launch when I start my phone, only when I launch it, no other apps do this, I looked in setting but...

• Regular
  • Every time I reboot my phone, spotify pops up, but it never even loads properly unless I close app and launch if again, that aside I do not want it to launch when I start my phone, only when I launch...
  • Avicario
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution clearing cache on Spotify Lite stops playback on Desktop (Linux)

using Spotify Lite v. 1.9.0.31695 on a Sony Xperia X running Android 8. newly installed. Connect doesn't seem to work reliably on Lite, so the Android app and desktop client are not talking to each other. the desktop client doesn't reliably detect my...

• Roadie
  • using Spotify Lite v. 1.9.0.31695 on a Sony Xperia X running Android 8. newly installed.   Connect doesn't seem to work reliably on Lite, so the Android app and desktop client are not talking ...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is spotify playing music when the app isnt running, on another device

I got 2 phones, both samsung. Right now spotify is closed on both, but still plays on one of them. The phone spotify is playing on says that its playing from my other phone.This is very anoying, because I dont want to listen to spotify at all some ti...

• Visitor
  • I got 2 phones, both samsung. Right now spotify is closed on both, but still plays on one of them. The phone spotify is playing on says that its playing from my other phone. This is very anoying, ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not interested option is missing in android app

Found this when googling: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Discover-Please-add-a-quot-Not-Interested-quot-Button/idi-p/5275001But the option is missing for me on Android. I checked for updates but I'm already up to date.

• Visitor
  • Found this when googling: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Discover-Please-add-a-quot-Not-Interested-quot-Button/idi-p/5275001 But the option is missing for me on Android. I checke...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files greyed out on mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 My Question or IssueI added some local files to my desktop playlist that are matching up to songs included in Spotify's catalog. The band is German though, so not all of their songs are playable for me in ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy J7   My Question or Issue I added some local files to my desktop playlist that are matching up to songs included in Spotify's catal...
  • eramaeni
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Swipe Down to Sort not working

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceSamsung GalaxyOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen I first downloaded the Spotify App I was able to swipe down while in a playlist and use the Sort feature. Now I no longer can. Where lies the issue??

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When I first downloaded the Spotify App I was able to swipe down while in a playlist and use...
  • Prague
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution New lockscreen player has microscopic buttons

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceAsus Zenfone 9Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueThe "mini player" on the lockscreen has buttons that are around 3-4mm in diameter...They are hopeless to see or push at a armlenth distance.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Asus Zenfone 9 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue The "mini player" on the lockscreen has buttons that are around 3-4mm in ...
  • MihailY
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't change my plan - Screen goes white

Attempting to update my membership through the app, If I select premium double (the option that allows two accounts for $12.99) It just goes to a white screen and spins. This is on a pixel 6 pro running Android 12My account was previously a double, t...

• Casual Listener
  • Attempting to update my membership through the app, If I select premium double (the option that allows two accounts for $12.99) It just goes to a white screen and spins. This is on a pixel 6 pro ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution AI DJ playinga single song in blocks of a single artist

I love the new feature and understand it's in beta, but the past couple days when the DJ introduces a block of songs from an artist, it plays one song then introduces the next block of songs. This is the only type of block it cuts short.

• Regular
  • I love the new feature and understand it's in beta, but the past couple days when the DJ introduces a block of songs from an artist, it plays one song then introduces the next block of songs. This is...
  • AlejaR
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to disable Spotify to start playing upon another app's notification?

When I'm watching a video on some other platform, and then notification (with sound) comes from a different app, Spotify starts playing song on it's own. I don't want to disable the notifications from other apps and by no means this should trigger Sp...

• When I'm watching a video on some other platform, and then notification (with sound) comes from a different app, Spotify starts playing song on it's own. I don't want to disable the notifications fro...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When i play a playlist the songs in my queue will randomly change

Song in the queue will randomly change and i will have to go to the playlist and hit play on the last song that played before the queue change

• Visitor
  • Song in the queue will randomly change and i will have to go to the playlist and hit play on the last song that played before the queue change
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes