Premium

Country

France

Device

Fairphone 3+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The premium account is not working. I can connect my account, browse my playlist, my history when I cannot play a song. it stays stuck.
I tried to connect with a free account and it is working fine.

I can play music for my premium account from web player.

I tried to uninstall, delete spotify data files, restart Android, reinstall spotify and reconnect and still have the same issue.

9 Replies

Hey @apupier,  

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If it's working as expected when trying across different devices it's possible you're experiencing an account-related issue with your Premium account. 

We recommend following the steps in this Spotify Answer next on how to transfer your account contents to a new account without losing your saved music and your Premium subscription.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hi @Ivan,

the pointed link is mentioning how to transfer an account but with losing the subscription: "Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions first"

Hey @apupier

Thanks for getting back to us. Apologies for the confusion.

It's currently not possible to transfer a subscription. Not to worry, we can still try a few troubleshooting steps to see if it makes any difference.

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app. However, did you follow these specific steps? This could be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files causing issues.

Let us know how it goes!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

it was what I tried already.
I tried again few minutes ago to ensure that there wasn't a fix since that time.

Hi again @apupier,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if the same issue happens when logging in to your Premium account on a different phone or any other device?

Also, make sure that there aren't any battery optimization or cache clearing settings enabled for Spotify on your phone.

Lastly, we'd like to know if this happens while connected to WiFi, when using mobile data, or both, or if it happens with your downloaded content when the Offline Mode is enabled.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the exact same problem as @apupier with my new fairphone 3+: I tried it with a free account, it works but it doesn't work with my premium account... I have access to everything but when I click play, nothing happens... I tried all your advice but nothing changes and as it works with the free account, it must be a problem with the app...

I miss the music, I hope you can fix it

Hi @Helofairphone

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried?

If you haven't tried reinstalling the app yet, we suggest that you run a clean reinstall on your phone to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If this doesn't do the trick, it's also well worth trying it with a different internet connection to check if it makes the difference.   

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried all this before and I tried all the advice you gave to @apupier.

I just tried again to uninstall and reinstall, thinking that maybe something got fixed, but nothing changed.

It's not a problem with the app, but with the premium account, as I tried with a free account and everything worked...

Hey @Helofairphone,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It sounds like this could be an account-related issue.

In this case it's a good idea to give the steps @Ivan mentioned a go. That way you can transfer your music to the new account. 

We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts