Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Preview app - crash on loss of network signal

Preview app - crash on loss of network signal

Anyone else finding this?

Was listening to Spotify on my commute home last night. Apotify itself was online, but I was listening to tracks in a playlist I have sync'd for offline listening. 

My journey goes through numerous dead-spots - under bridges and through countryside - and so the phone was hopping on and off the mobile network. At least three times when it lost signal Spotify crashed - back to the launcher screen, notification icon gone, everything. This includes once when I was specifically watching the screen - the signal indicator changed to show zero connection, Spotify died.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
5 Replies

Yes, same bug here

Only way around this at the moment is to put the app in Offline mode when travelling - no crashes experienced when doing that
----------------

Hmm - Interesting to hear that you putting it on Offline mode works fine, but when it's forced offline it makes it crash. Weird...
Airhorn Enthusiast

It's not every time by any means.

My phone must go out and back in to signal again at least 20 times on my journey home (lots of tunnels out of London and sparsely populated areas north of the M25) and it 'only' crashes three or four times during that.

Perhaps it only happens when it goes out-in-out-in in quick succession and Spotify is still in the throes of resyncing after regaining signal when it loses it again (although that's just a wild guess)

D
----------------

Seems this is still an issue in the latest update - have seen a couple of threads mention this, including http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Songs-stop-playing-app-going-offline/m-p/84169#M4765

Fortunately I don't suffer any more as I no longer commute for work
----------------

Suggested posts