Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem With Mobile Queue When Playing A Playlist Folder

Problem With Mobile Queue When Playing A Playlist Folder

Although below are my current specs, this issue with the mobile queue has been persistent on my other android phones, such as my Pixel 4 with the latest update of Android 12.

Plan: Premium

Spotify Version: 8.7.38.667

Phone: Pixel 2 XL

I’d like to state first that I’ve tried many of the suggestions I’ve seen from looking up my problem initially, and they haven’t worked, and my problem also goes further than just those issues. I have done a clean reinstall, and it didn’t do anything. I have cleared my cache and made sure I don’t have anything that could be killing cache for Spotify. I have given Spotify unlimited data usage, and my Pixel 2 XL already comes with 100 GB of storage with 89 GB free with the very few apps I have. The problem does not lie there.

Now, I’ll go into the description of my actual issues with some background context.

Initially, I thought the issue was just with my large playlist (I capped out my first playlist; thus, my need for a playlist folder to play the entirety of the playlist). I don’t often listen to the playlist anymore, nor for long, so it wasn’t much of an issue to me at the time. However, I did find it odd the queue was now being effected when the only issue I’ve ever had with the playlist is some lag with playing and shuffling it, and that the issue only started a few months after I started using the playlist folder, notably after some updates.

The queue was originally being effected just by “resetting/restarting” the queue after I exited out of the mobile app. I haven’t noticed this on the desktop app, but I can’t say that for certain because I don’t use the desktop app enough to say. Now, this was a little bit annoying, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t deal with. However, the queue started having issues with repeating certain songs that was the first song in the shuffled queue, even when I hadn’t restarted the app so the queue didn’t reset — when I did reset the app, the song would appear two times in the queue. I wouldn’t add the song and I could remove it, but it always came back to the top of the queue, and sometimes it acted like a ghost song when I tried to remove it so I always had to skip over it from the player itself. Adding songs to the actual queue feature stopped working and also repeating like the first song in the shuffled playlist folder. Sometimes they disappeared on both the mobile and desktop app, or they’d somehow ended up shuffled into the actual queue instead of the separate one. Clearing the queue would not help.

I know my playlist is very big, and I knew it caused issues for Spotify (it’s even, ironically, named after the fact that it could break my Spotify), but I never thought it would actually start causing annoying issues because the features allowed for it. Regardless, if it had just stayed to that playlist in particular, I wouldn’t be reporting an issue.

It had started to effect other playlists, and especially when I shuffled playlist folders. It has been consistent on bugging on any playlist folder I play now, even for only playlist folders that consist of 60 songs, such as my On Repeat and Repeat Rewind songs. If it’s in a normal playlist, I don’t face this issue. It is only with the playlist folders.

Now, I know Spotify Mobile isn’t exactly built for playing playlist folders (which is why I shuffle on my desktop, and then change it to my phone, which allows the same queue) and it doesn’t allow you too, but these have only become recent issues now.

I can’t add songs to queue when playing a playlist folder or it will bug the queue and bring up the first song that originally played. I also can’t exit my app or pause my music for more than at most maybe fifteen minutes, because the queue with restart itself from the start song and won’t remember my last played song (although, it does appear on the last saved song, the queue does not remember the position of it).

The only way I have been able to stop the issue with at least the resetting of the queue is to constantly play music, but that is obviously not viable. I don’t know if it’s the same for my desktop, but I don’t have a laptop so I can’t carry it around and listen that way (nor could I with a laptop anyways).

I am a mainly Spotify Mobile user, so this is extremely inconvenient for me. I have tried about everything other articles with my issue have tried, and they haven’t worked for me, nor the other people.

I think this is probably a bug with the Spotify code itself, but if there is anything I can possibly do about it, then I’ll try anything.

7 Replies

Hey @caveregem

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, and we appreciate the time you took to provide such a clear and complete explanation of the situation.

Considering all the troubleshooting steps you've already tried, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check if everything is ok with your account's cache and try to further assist you with this.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

They found some of my files were corrupted and a clean reinstall worked, but considering I did it last time, I have to wonder if it’ll flare up again. I think it’s something with my local files. Are they any ongoing issues with local files currently you can redirect me to?

Hi there @caveregem,

Thank you for taking the time to confirm the statues.

We're super glad to hear that it works for you again 🙂

At the moment there's not any current ongoing issue about this. However, if the issue occurs again, please post in this thread so that we can continue to assist you.

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It actually isn’t with my local files. I’ve been using Spotify for 3 days now without them even enabled on my desktop, and the issue with my queue came back. It came back after I switched between my desktop and mobile for playback, so I think the issue lies there.

Hey @caveregem

Thanks for your reply.

We haven't seen any similar reports recently nor have we been able to replicate this, so it might be account related. In this case, we suggest getting in touch with our support team again so they can check your account and further assist you.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yeah, I’d love to do that, but it appears support doesn’t really want to help me.

Screenshot_20220620-132702.png

Hey @caveregem,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We apologize for the inconvenience; the queue might be full and the support team could take some time reviewing your case. If you want, you could try again with the same contact method or try a different one listed here.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask. The Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts