Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification doesn't dissappear

Notification doesn't dissappear

After closing the app, the floating notification doesn't dissappear from lock screen
6 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you mind posting screenshots of exactly what you're experiencing and sharing some device details like brand/model and operating system?

We can then fully understand what's going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

So I open the app and use it normally but then when I close it (and wipe the recent open apps) the floating notification in the lock screen and the drop menu in the home screen (the one to change song and play/pause) doesn't dissappear unless I reboot the phone. I tried screen recording and screen shot the notifications.

It's a Mi10T Pro 5G from Xiaomi running the MIUI Global 13.0.6

Thanks

Screenshot_2022-06-19-12-31-31-238_com.miui.home.jpg
Screenshot_2022-06-19-12-34-23-087_lockscreen.jpg

Here is the screen recording. Sorry it's rushed but with the 5MB size limit I had to be fast. 

As you can see there are no apps open but the notification is still there and won't go again. 

Hey @MarPinheiro,

Thanks for the reply and for the video!

Could you confirm to us that the Spotify app isn't still working in the background? We can't really tell from the speeded-up video, but this could be an expected situation, especially if your Spotify is still open. 

Keep in mind that the ability to dismiss certain media related notifications is governed by the Android OS on your device and the specific media features packaged in the ROM you have on board.

Also, other folks in the Community have gathered around a similar topic and so we have our top answers and helpful videos posted in this thread here. Check if the info there isn't applicable to your situation as well.

Hope this helps clarify things.  If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

No, it's not running in the background.

That's why I asked for help. It just started doing this one day, and I always close the running apps, so I don't really get what's happening because I have used Spotify for years, and even on this specific phone for a year and it only started to happen maybe 2 months ago (randomly). 

Hey again @MarPinheiro,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Did you notice if this happend after a particular update (of the Spotify app or your MIUI firmware?) If in doubts, then it's worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data can cause interference with the new installation of your app.  See if this will bring things to normal.

If after the reinstall you're still having this issue, then please return with details about the exact Spotify app version you have installed, so we can look deeper into this.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts