Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Spotify player, local files are not white and don't synchronize with Androide Spotify

Problem with Spotify player, local files are not white and don't synchronize with Androide Spotify

This files in gray, for example Love Song - 311 i cannot synchronize in my playlist offline for Androide Phone.

I can liseting in the player, but don't download in my phone playlist.

Captura.JPG

8 Replies

No comments? I'm paying for a service without support?

Hey @felipexallisson 

I've moved your post over to the Android section.

Maybe someone who knows about Android can help.

Keep in mind that this community forum is not an official way to get help from Spotify.

To get help from Spotify, you can contact support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This normally occurs if the local file has some form of DRM (Digital Rights Managment) or is in an incompatible form to be played on your phone... i.e. Can your natice music player on your phone play FLAC files? If it can't and the local tracks on your PC are in FLAC format then it bviously cannot synchronise.

Check the codec used for th files, see if they play natively on your phone... It may be that you need to convert them to mp3 in order to get them across.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Dear @Daniel

I check the codec of two song and the only different i found is the format, but both are basic MP3

This song said MP3, VBR

Captura3.JPG

Captura4.JPG

This song said only MP3

Captura6.JPG

Captura5.JPG

Please your comments

If you transfer the files to your phone as they are, do they play OK on your stock music player?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel, not the OP but having the same problem. The local files that aren't syncing work fine on my phone's stock music player 😞

Hi @Daniel, before Spotify I use my music player and all this songs works ok.

they grey just means the tracks cannot be found in the Spotify catalogue. Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts