Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems offline music on the external SD card on android (cyangenmod))

Problems offline music on the external SD card on android (cyangenmod))

Hi,

I had to reinstall my Spotify App and after a reboot everything was fine. When I restarted the App - Spotify crahes all the time becuase it can't find my SD-Card and says it as no space left or no rights to write on the sd.

When I reboot my whole system all is fine again, until I restart the spotify app. Then it just crahes and crashes until next reboot.

What's really weird. Poweramp can access the sd-card at all time without problems, also google music has access. In my ES-Explorer I can see all files at all time and I can copy stuff to the sd-card.

So, what can I do?

5 Replies

I have a same but different issue - cant get spotify to save my offline playlists to the external SD card. Help!

@Geeronimo How much free space do you have in internal and external storage? After uninstalling spotify, could you just check that there is no folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui in either location before reinstalling.

@peter2407 Could you try reinstalling spotify. It should start using your external SD card for the cache as long as it has more free space than your internal storage.

Hi,

Thx for your replies.

I have on my  internal 5, 38 of 11, 35 gb free and on my external 32, 26 of 58, 54 gb free.

I cleared the cash and restarted the system without my external sd and it works fine.

When I put my external inside again, it crashes. So it's clearly the external sd card.

Do you guys using cyangenmod aswell?  Any  ideas?

Thx in advance for your time,

Geeronimoo

Some Facts.  Using the latest stable of CM11 on a Samsung S3.

I use stock android but it's more likely to be an issue with the SD card. You could try a different card or reformat the existing card in the phone after backing up everything first.

Suggested posts